Open water ?!?!`

DJGeneral

Hey Guys, my dad just recently got back into the country after a while  and seeing that friday is a holiday id like to take him fishing

is there any open water near lake simcoe or cooks bay ?

he wants to fish for jumbos or pike when i was a kid we used to fish the bay in Adeline Park  for jumbo perch does anyone know if thats open or still frozen over

it would be nice to go there with my dad like the old days

any help is appreciated!

4 minutes ago, DJGeneral said:

Hey Guys, my dad just recently got back into the country after a while  and seeing that friday is a holiday id like to take him fishing

is there any open water near lake simcoe or cooks bay ?

he wants to fish for jumbos or pike when i was a kid we used to fish the bay in Adeline Park  for jumbo perch does anyone know if thats open or still frozen over

it would be nice to go there with my dad like the old days

any help is appreciated!

zone 20 Pike closes on Friday...maybe consider that?

If so, see you out there

Edited by AKRISONER

10 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

zone 20 Pike closes on Friday...maybe consider that?

If so, see you out there

Okay, i didnt know that wouldnt keep em even if they were in season and i guess ill see you out there too

Edited by DJGeneral

10 minutes ago, DJGeneral said:

LOL! ill be fishing from shore what ever shore spots have open water i guess

im pretty sure everything is wide open...maybe a little ice in the very back channels but aside from that she looks pretty ice free. I spoke with the harbor master today on the phone to get my harbor license and he seemed to imply that I would be travelling through the back channels and warned me that they are not currrently fully marked because its so early in the season. If you see me out there give me a wave.

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

im pretty sure everything is wide open...maybe a little ice in the very back channels but aside from that she looks pretty ice free. I spoke with the harbor master today on the phone to get my harbor license and he seemed to imply that I would be travelling through the back channels and warned me that they are not currrently fully marked because its so early in the season. If you see me out there give me a wave.

Are you talking about Simcoe or Toronto?

My friend is still ice fishing on Simcoe.  So I wouldn't expect it to be wide open just yet.  

3 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

Sounds good! But I guess I’ll have to change my route based one what these guys are saying 

25 minutes ago, misfish said:

If I told you where I was going Friday, Bill would drive over and slap me up side the head. 

No matter where you end up, enjoy the day with yer pop DJ.

Take one for the team misfish Lol

but thanks anyways 

2 hours ago, misfish said:

If I told you where I was going Friday, Bill would drive over and slap me up side the head. 

As long as you're safe, I'm good man, lol!   (Although probably a little jealous!!!)

13 hours ago, misfish said:

sounds like someone is either going ice fishing...(you are insane) 

Or to a honey hole...and if so, send your GPS coordinates thanks.

1 hour ago, Tjames09 said:

Confusing thread. One person plans to have the boat out and the other says sim or has 2 feet of ice.....you guys talking about the same simcoe???

i know In the Kawartha most of the lakes are pretty much open now.

trust me i know lol

i should have never made this post

guess ill be bottom bouncing roe bags again tmr

The OP asked about whether there was any open water near simcoe for pike...I pointed out that Zone 20 closes Saturday hence, theres a great opportunity to fish for some big pike this weekend.

I mentioned to keep an eye out for me and give me a wave. Its always good to meet other OFCers

14 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

The OP asked about whether there was any open water near simcoe for pike...I pointed out that Zone 20 closes Saturday hence, theres a great opportunity to fish for some big pike this weekend.

I mentioned to keep an eye out for me and give me a wave. Its always good to meet other OFCers

Sorry Budd i guess i read that wrong, where you launching from ?

Ill be heading down to the river mouth at one the eastern tribs i fish

37 minutes ago, DJGeneral said:

Sorry Budd i guess i read that wrong, where you launching from ?

Ill be heading down to the river mouth at one the eastern tribs i fish

humber bay boat launch...ill probably be off the water late morning though, apparently they are calling for 80kmh winds....efff that...unfortuntaely thats probably when the best fishing of the day will be...but 18 foot boats and 80kmh great lakes winds dont mix.

Just now, dintymoore said:

Any one know of any sites for current satellite imagery (like Google Earth, but up to date? 

https://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/region_map.html

click on the lake you wanna see its every day

8 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

sounds like someone is either going ice fishing...(you are insane) 

Or to a honey hole...and if so, send your GPS coordinates thanks.

Open water where I,ll be. My ice gear is put away,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ALMOST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B)

Yeah the winds do look terrible 

looks like my niece will be spending her time in the car watching movies 

18 minutes ago, misfish said:

Open water where I,ll be. My ice gear is put away,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ALMOST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B)

You must Be going to Area 51 since it’s so top secret

2 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

I think he was asking specifically if Lake Simcoe was frozen or if it was open water. I think he wanted to take his dad ice fishing. Thats how I read it