My new hobby

Stoty

As any parent of young children knows... finding the time to get out on the water can be challenging. Since I need to release my "cabin fever" somehow, I decided that I was going to start making my own custom (walleye) bucktail jigs. Just thought I would share some of the ones I've done recently. A couple of my buddies told me that I should start selling them, but as of right now it's just for my own use and enjoyment. If there's demand... I might considering selling them.

IMG_0208.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0219.JPG

IMG_0222.JPG

IMG_0232.JPG

IMG_E0184.JPG

IMG_E0234.JPG

Edited by Stoty
typo

Very rewarding catching fish on tackle you made yourself. I'm working on some worm harnesses of my own now. 

Only time I ever caught anything on my own tackle was an awful painted spoon. Trout naturally ate it anyway. 

Haha Stirling! Custom worm harnesses are cool! Haven’t done those before. 

I pour my own dropshot weights and used to build my own rods as well but haven’t done that in a few years. 

Cant wait to feel the “thump” of a walter on these jigs though!

sinker - they’re 1/4 and 3/8 oz. The metallic heads are Northland Tackle and the orange heads are The Perfct Jig. 

3 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

seems like you are cut out for fly fishing lol

Come to the dark side... we have scotch.

But seriously, looks good. Hint with the bucktail - I had a a dyed tail that was a PITA to work with - wouldn't stack nicely, wouldn't tie in nicely. Upon someone else's recommendation I gave it a wash in warm water and a couple drops of Dawn. Make sure to dry it out completely. It's now a really nice tail to work with.

Thanks for the tips guys! I’ll def try them out! 

Misfish - I bought some thread hardener from a local tackle store that I’ve put on them all (3 coats of it). Most of the pictures were taken before I had done that.