Navionics Great Lakes app

mistaredone

As far as I know you are SOL.

I was in the same situation very happy with my app (actually happier) but Navionic pulled the plug.

Its been awhile but I think they stopped updating it and it wouldn't work on the latest OS (Android/IOS).

There was an uproar from paid loyal users having to buy the same product twice but Navionics used a excuse like "Navionics Boating is a new product" etc. and the other versions should work fine.

They didn't and we had to buy the same maps again and suffer in-app purchase ads popping up all the time.

We also now have to "login" with network access for some accessibility and re-load maps etc.

Yes there are some nice options on the new Navionics boating but for a lot of us the older version was fine.

So Navionics solved piracy problems and switched to subscription based $$$ by going to Navionics Boating.

Don't get me wrong,  I went ahead and bought all the newest versions but it still had a sour taste...

Edited by Raycaster

2 hours ago, Raycaster said:

As far as I know you are SOL.

I was in the same situation very happy with my app (actually happier) but Navionic pulled the plug.

Its been awhile but I think they stopped updating it and it wouldn't work on the latest OS (Android/IOS).

There was an uproar from paid loyal users having to buy the same product twice but Navionics used a excuse like "Navionics Boating is a new product" etc. and the other versions should work fine.

They didn't and we had to buy the same maps again and suffer in-app purchase ads popping up all the time.

We also now have to "login" with network access for some accessibility and re-load maps etc.

Yes there are some nice options on the new Navionics boating but for a lot of us the older version was fine.

So Navionics solved piracy problems and switched to subscription based $$$ by going to Navionics Boating.

Don't get me wrong,  I went ahead and bought all the newest versions but it still had a sour taste...

Me too. But the new version has better features and you can download all of US and Canada if you want and update maps for a year.  Navioniscs is till one of the better systems and the sonar charts feature is pretty cool for finding structure.  worth it to me.

On 3/27/2018 at 10:34 PM, Canuck said:

Me too. But the new version has better features and you can download all of US and Canada if you want and update maps for a year.  Navioniscs is till one of the better systems and the sonar charts feature is pretty cool for finding structure.  worth it to me.

And when will yours expire?. And here I was going to download the app. nada at $20.99

They should refund your money mistaredone, maybe a phone call is in order.