darkwater

screw US funds!

im am so sick and tired of being cheated by some outfitters due to being charged us funds! im Canadian  damn it!there are a few good outfitters that charge Canadian funds to Canadians without the extra exchange...these outfitters get it.....to the rest,you are just cheating your fellow Canadians

I I went to the bank last week and asked for US funds and got it good! 32%!! And I’m not even going there! Just flying over.

I think we should impose a 30% tariff for Having that in our country! Even trade.

seriuosly Canadians should pay Canadian. In the 80s I exported products and my employer wanted to get paid in US $ or English pounds.

Lots of outfitters I see quote prices in both currencies.  

US Funds are an inanimate thing, the outfitters that charge their prices in US funds are the ones to target.  They are the ones screwing you over.

and if they only have their prices in US funds they cater to Americans and dont care about Canadians clients, so I dont do business with them

i would rather book with someone who wants me at their camp

58 minutes ago, Terry said:

and if they only have their prices in US funds they cater to Americans and dont care about Canadians clients, so I dont do business with them

There are also a number of camps with US ownership., and a number of camp operators and charter operators spend winters in the south.

I have negotiated a better price in Canadian with the exchange, then paying in US

...I simply said are most of your costs Canadian? Guy said yes, then I said give me a good exchange rate for your US price and that is the difference maker for me. He did and I booked.

i guess you just gotta ask....

but im talking price alone,some camps that charge in us will give canadians the same rate but in cad......thats about 30% cheaper

but some wont offer that....and it sucks 

Edited by darkwater

1 hour ago, Terry said:

i think some outfitters charge in us just to make more from cad customers which i think is shameful

Edited by darkwater

They charge in US funds cause $750 US sounds better than a thousand CDN. 

I am not poking my American friends here, but when most of our USA friends are looking for a camp in Canada they want to see the US$

Camps that only charge USD still must accept Canada funds.

Most of the owners if you call them you can get a good rate.

Sorry, but I don't get it. Most Canadian companies selling product or service to the US customer base sell in USD. That's because a lot of their expenses, ie purchased supplies, metals, hardware, boats, originate in USD. An aluminum boat that is made and sold in Canada still has a high content of USD already in it. If I'm a outfitter with a finite amount of weeks to sell in a year, I am going to try to sell them for what I deem as reasonable value/market value. If I can sell them for $1000USD each, why would I sell that same week for $1000CDN?? Because you're a Canadian?? That week is worth about $1300CDN at that point in time. Just like any market, there's influences creating fluctuations in pricing and the foreign exchange(FX) is just one of them. 

It's the cost of the exchange where you get poked in the rear.  I wouldn't make sense to sell at par when our dollar is at 0.77C.   Figure in the cost and it drops way down.

23 hours ago, darkwater said:

im am so sick and tired of being cheated by some outfitters due to being charged us funds! im Canadian  damn it!there are a few good outfitters that charge Canadian funds to Canadians without the extra exchange...these outfitters get it.....to the rest,you are just cheating your fellow Canadians

How is refusing to offer a ~30% discount cheating their customers?

Perhaps they should quote their prices in CAD too.  But I don't think it's realistic to expect the USD & CAD prices to be the same.  They're entitled to a reasonable exchange on the dollar.