Week long nipigon trip

Freshtrax

10 hours ago, Freshtrax said:

Final pack is in full swing. Leaving Friday.   Any last min. suggestions? 

Starting to get to the can' sleep at night phase.

SAME. It's awesome yet problematic - I enjoy thinking and dreaming of the upcoming adventures, but it keeps me up so late, and I'm having trouble getting work done (at home or otherwise).

Bugs are going to be so bad this time of year, I hope you bought that bug jacket. It's totally worth it. 

No bugs where I'm going though. In fact we were afraid it would be ice fishing in June.

6 hours ago, BillM said:

Lets hope the bugs haven't started yet, but I have a feeling they have.   Good luck!   I rescheduled my trip, heading up on the 8th!   w00t w00t.   

8 hours ago, Sterling said:

SAME. It's awesome yet problematic - I enjoy thinking and dreaming of the upcoming adventures, but it keeps me up so late, and I'm having trouble getting work done (at home or otherwise).

Bugs are going to be so bad this time of year, I hope you bought that bug jacket. It's totally worth it. 

No bugs where I'm going though. In fact we were afraid it would be ice fishing in June.

There will be bugs no doubt, but based on my last 2 extended weekends in Seguin (zone 15), my observation was the fewest black flies & mossies I've experienced over the pat 7 yrs or so. Versus spring 2017 being the worst I experienced through the previous 10 years!!!

That said, ticks are everywhere so beware. 

19 hours ago, Pikeslayer said:

There will be bugs no doubt, but based on my last 2 extended weekends in Seguin (zone 15), my observation was the fewest black flies & mossies I've experienced over the pat 7 yrs or so. Versus spring 2017 being the worst I experienced through the previous 10 years!!!

That said, ticks are everywhere so beware. 

my mom was up in Pointe Au Baril last weekend and said there was no blackflies...i said she was insane...but im starting to believe her now? Last year was insanity...I guess i will find out on saturday!

6 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

my mom was up in Pointe Au Baril last weekend and said there was no blackflies...i said she was insane...but im starting to believe her now? Last year was insanity...I guess i will find out on saturday!

LOL. I don't think your Mom's insane. There are black flies but not intense swarms like last year. I think the cooler spring may have knocked them down significantly? This year I haven't needed the bug suit to BBQ or wear throughout the day. Light Deet spray has been enough to keep them at bay :)

• 4 weeks later...