Late July early August fishing near Wasaga Beach and towing rules

blackhound70

On 3/28/2018 at 10:09 AM, AKRISONER said:

Serious question...coming from Quebec, if this is your first time coming here to camp, is there any particular reason you chose wasaga beach? As a heads up, Wasaga is quiet literally a party town on the lake. Lots of young people partying hard, drinking etc etc. Its not exactly what I would consider a place for a nice relaxing fishing and camping vacation. 

In the summer time think "spring break" 

Maybe thats what you and the girlfriend are into? but it sure doesnt seem like it?

May i much more highly recommend a large campground like Killbear? Absolutely stunning scenery, a fantastic beach, incredible fishing for everything from laketrout to pike bass and walleye and boating, in a much more laid back environment?

Well I told my girlfriend that she could go anywhere she liked and she said Wasaga beach I always wanted to see that place. But when I told her what you wrote me she realized that she didn't know the place that much. She actually heard about the place when she was young, here sister went there and told her about the nice beaches. :) Now she realize that it isn't was she's looking for. I'll check into killbear thanks for the info! 

On 3/28/2018 at 5:15 PM, the spirit of fishing said:

I can't help with info on towing but I do have another alternate suggestion for you if being in party central isn't too appealing.

You might want to consider Prince Edward County. Amazing beaches like Sandbanks. Salmon fishing in Lake Ontario on the west side of the County. Walleye,pike and bass fishing in the Bay of Quinte ,Wellars Bay, East Lake ,West Lake surrounding the county. And for the days you feel like getting away from the water there are dozens of wineries to visit. Getting a site at Sandbanks Provincial Park might be difficult but there are many other private campgrounds in the area. Another possible plus for you is that there is a large number of Quebecers visiting this area and bilingual service is very common.

Before moving to the Ottawa area we lived in Trenton and we still have a summer place in the county so if you need more info let me know and I'll help as much as I can.

We will check into that.  Quinte's Isle Marina or Weller's Bay Boat Launch are the best choices to get onto Lake Ontario? 

Depending where you're staying.

The town of Wellington has a boat launch that is probably the closest to the popular salmon fishing areas.

There is another provincial park at Brighton that would provide access to Lake Ontario too and launching facilities. Many years ago I salmon fished this area and we launched out of Brighton.

On Weller's Bay access to Lake Ontario is at the north western corner of the bay and there are several private campgrounds with docking facilities in this area.

Try this link to a map of that area,when I pulled it up it showed several of the campgrounds.

Our trailer is in a park on the south shore of Weller's Bay and unfortunately our park does not allow short term campers.

I think there are other parks on the south shore that have transient spots but then it would be a longer run to get to the lake.

Great beaches close by too.

Edited by the spirit of fishing

On 3/29/2018 at 6:29 PM, the spirit of fishing said:

Depending where you're staying.

The town of Wellington has a boat launch that is probably the closest to the popular salmon fishing areas.

There is another provincial park at Brighton that would provide access to Lake Ontario too and launching facilities. Many years ago I salmon fished this area and we launched out of Brighton.

On Weller's Bay access to Lake Ontario is at the north western corner of the bay and there are several private campgrounds with docking facilities in this area.

Try this link to a map of that area,when I pulled it up it showed several of the campgrounds.

Our trailer is in a park on the south shore of Weller's Bay and unfortunately our park does not allow short term campers.

I think there are other parks on the south shore that have transient spots but then it would be a longer run to get to the lake.

Great beaches close by too.

Thanks for all this info. Happy fishing!