Transducer mount

mrpike

HI! folkes  I am looking for a portable transducer mount .So I can use my lowrance Elite 9 ti     0n other boats that I go out on . I like the Minn Kota one but can't find one  ( Minn Kota Transducer  JCH 2032031 )   Any Ideas what store carries it .

THANKS.

I know I can order online but I was hoping to buy it locally.   MY transducer is very large and it costs $ 300.00 bucks . SO I need something stronger than normal.    

Edited by mrpike
add more info.

pretty sure i have seen one at bass pro man, either that or id order one online. Just be wary that I wouldnt suggest running one fast down the lake. my 15hp tinner going 20 would knock it off regularly if i hit a wave etc. better to just toss it back in the boat when not stationary or going slow.

I have one I could sell you for cheap. I forget the brand, but it works great. I can get a  photo later on if you Pm me your cell number. I am in the peterborough area.  Its a clamp on set up that will work for any boat. Its made by a rod holder company, but the name escapes me at the moment. 

S. 

6 hours ago, Terry said:

Yeah the cheap suction ones don’t stay on but if you buy a suction cup for glass and modd it. They work well 

X2. I never found a suction cup that would stay on anything. I was going to mount it on a piece of wood then clamp it on the transom but never did.

saw these guys at a fishing show a couple years ago. Picked up one of their complete set ups for the canoe and when I go to lodges etc. Works awesome.  allows you to mount the screen anywhere in the boat. 

https://www.fishfindermounts.com/

not the cheapest solution out there, but if you do this often, it s worth it. Just make sure you explain to the folks at security at the airport that its a fishfinder before you put it through xray   :whistling::whistling:

The one I have is a tite lok transducer mount like this one I think. I forgot to dig it out last night.  It might be a little different than the one in the link, but it works, and the price is right. 

http://www.titelok.com/product-p/trd-5798.htm

If your ever in the kawartha's, its yours. 

S. 

Edited by Sinker

On 2018-03-23 at 9:19 AM, kickingfrog said:

I mounted mine on a 1x2 piece of pine and use a C-clamp. It worked on tillers/tinnys and on a bigger ski/fish boat. 

Best way to do it. Took this on fly ins or anytime we needed a transducer on a cached boat. Works like a charm. 

Screw in cable tie saddles down the piece of wood and use cable ties to manage the transducer cable. 

I have the totalscan transducer on my boat.  There is no way that thing will stay put on a suction cup mount.  You will have to take Sinker up on his offer, or make something solid out of wood and C clamps as suggested.  The suction cup works great for my portable bird transducer, but it's tiny in comparison to the total scan!