Casa Blanca Lodge - Upper French - Any of you been??

addy79

Hi Guys,

I've got a trip to Casa Blanca Lodge on the Upper French next weekend. Just wondering if anyones been there before and if so how was it? Any tips on things to bring, hot spots for fish, etc?

Thanks for sharing the info guys!! :Gonefishing:

Edited by addy79

Addy,

My oldest brother will be at Casa Blanca this Friday with 3 of his boyhood buddies and fish Saturday to Monday. They are in their eary 60's and doing the American Plan.

If you want to catch walleye, try in Sand Bay around the island at the east entrance in the weed beds. I fish artificial and use jig spinners with #3 size blades in silver or brass, with a 1/8 ounce jighead attached, and have a 2 or 3 inch curly tail grub, preferably a Berkley Power Grub. I troll or cast them.

Pike are everywhere in the weeds. Use a bass spinnerbait in bright colors on the skirt.

Smallmouth in current and chunk rock shorelines, casting tubes, curly tail 3 inch grubs, and bass spinnerbaits.

Ask Bryan for spots.

Good luck and say hi to my brother John if you are there this coming weekend,

Don

Been a few years since I was there but its a nice strech of water there.Brian will tell you where to start.Tons of pike and the odd Musky to keep it interesting.If I can find my map I'll PM you a few choice spots.Tell Brian Art and Joe from Virginia said Hello.

Joe

Great place. Was there three yrs ago . Food was great. Brian and liz fantastic hosts. Brian more than willing to give you tour of area point out some spots and some areas to avoid. If you like bass have him take you to portage lake -- never caught 2-4lb smallies/largemouths in middle of day when it was 90degrees before.

Only reason I havent been back is the "boat in "thing . My wife likes to "go to town" on occaision and she felt little trapped.

Never been to that lodge but visited the Lunge Lodge I think in the same area, my buddies still go there every year. Healthy population of L/M and S/M in the main area, they have a camp bass tournie every year and it takes a 4 pound plus fish for big bass, possible with either.

Spent about 7 seasons there. Very good camp and well run, Liz is not there anymore. The lodge is up for sale also.

I had heard Liz had left but didn't know the place was for sale.It would be a handful to run alone.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Addy,

Here are some suggestions. I wrote this to my brothers for our upcoming trip to Casa Blanca, so some information is not obvious to others. DBN is Deep Baby Norman. "The Lure" is a Storm pre-rigged soft plastic shad. The Flats are between Hendrie and Perkins Islands.

Walleye

1. Troll or cast around Ferguson Island at mouth of Sand Bay with jig spinners, "The Lure", or Long A Bombers in morning or evening after dinner. Also troll 1/16 ounce jigs with power grubs shallow.

2. Troll or cast the weed lines in Tom's hole or Flats, or shoreline (especially around Chaudiere Lodge) which has 1-3 foot size boulders with scrub brush with jig spinners, "The Lure", or Long A Bombers in morning or evening after dinner. Also troll 1/16 ounce jigs with power grubs shallow.

3. Fish entrance to the Chute after dinner.

4. Fish 25-30 foot deep hump on main river channel before Light House Island on right, 1 mile downstream of Partridge Island with 3-way rigs or sauger jigs.

5. Fish Keystone with bottom bouncers, 3-way rigs, or sauger jigs using power grubs or worms.

6. Troll weed edge with jig spinners in Sand, Hardy and Reynolds Bay.

7. Check out John's Hole on way to back channel.

8. Fish behind Partridge Island in 20-40 feet with 3 way rigs or bottom bouncers.

9. Troll Clearwater Bay or near back of 5 Mile Bay with jig spinners. (All jig spinners need to be trolled in 5-10 feet of water, with casting as shallow as the shoreline.)

10. If current in main channel, fish Sugar Loaf with 1/4 jigs with power grubs or sauger jigs.

11. Sachels Bay Island in back with 1/8 ounce jig heads with power grubs or jig spinners.

Smallmouth Bass

1. Below Chaudiere Dam in rapids with anything including topwater.

2. Reynolds or Hardy Bay with "The Lure", tubes or jig spinners.

3. The Flats

4. Pineknot Island complex.

5. Troll DBN's in 12-15 feet of water if smallmouth deep. Also catches walleye.

6. Cast out from rocky points with tubes if smallmouth deeper than 8 feet.

7. Sunken rock on south shoreline 1/2 mile downstream of entrance to Sachel's Bay.

8. Docks on Sandy Island.

9. Musky flats across from Keystone Lodge.

10. Shoals and islands behind Sandy Island.

11. Entrance of Wigwam Bay.

12. whats his name Bay points and rock piles.

13. Explore Twilight and Hunter's Bays.

14. Sachels Bay back channel.

15. Lake Nippissing southeast shoreline and islands past Campbells Bay.

16. Rock piles near deep water.

17. Try Rattle Traps and War Eagles spinnerbaits. Also troll 1/16 ounce jigs with power grubs shallow.

18. Cast chunk rock shorelines or points with fast deep water tapers with DBNs, especially morning and evening.

19. Buoys with tubes, jig spinners or "The Lure".

Don