bigugli

That's one show I won't forget

As I had posted earlier I was displaying our goods at the Niagara Outdoor Show. Saw some folks, sold some goods an put on some pounds by show's end.  As we are packing up at day's end, the son drops a display board square across my toes.  Despite wanting to curse and swear, I had to bite my tongue. The grandkids were standing right there.  Finish packing, haul the goods home, then spend 5 hours in Emerg to tell me the obvious. I have a broken toe, and they can't do anything til next morning. Wait another two hours this morning to get fitted for a boot.  

Guess I can have some down time at home.

It hurts like an jerk, and can't do anything about it. I broke my big toe walking in the water fishing on a Friday AM, couldn't do a thing all weekend, of course the first time I could put on a boot was Monday and I limped into the plant at 7PM. . You should have twittled or airmailed me, I could have saved you 5 hours sitting in the Emerg.

You are going to live Bruce

1 hour ago, Old Ironmaker said:

You are going to live Bruce

I'll live alright. Just don't need the down time at this time of year.

Before you know it you will be back on your tippy toes. Tape your big toe to your next (index?) toe. That's what they did when playing ball and you got turf toe. That hurt worse than a broken toe. It is a dislocated big toe.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.