Daylight Savings

grimsbylander

57 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

I'm a little different, I don't like having to change the clocks, it messes me up and I like the middle ground like March and September, 

Totally agree with you Chris.  I don't see a point.  Hopefully we can do like some provinces have done and scrap it.

Edited by huzzsaba

More than once I relieved an hour early this day in the spring. Gave me a good chance to have a #1 Special breakfast with my relief. $1.99 for bacon, Ham or Sausage, 2 eggs home fries toast an coffee from the canteen. More than a few times I would pick up the Friday fish dinner for $2.99 and bring them home for supper. Saturdays was Shepherds Pie. Remember those deals from the main canteen next to the Scrap Yard and my Dad's office Fish Farmer? The bonus was they were great tasting and a lot of food to boot.

When this was debated more than a few times to scrap it I read that savings time was put in place so kids were not waiting for the bus or walking to school in the dark, or was that in the fall? Yea the Fall. I remember when we didn't switch but the US did. Only lasted 1 or 2 years.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I knew the sun was not to come up any other time then it has the past 2 weeks. I kept my clock at norm. Woke up at the same old time of 4:30am, and still got to said spot as the sun started to rise. Mind over matter. Plus my pops says, why change the clock, it will be right in the fall. LMAO

The kids would be walking to the bus stop in complete darkness.. Since there is a driver shortage they have some schools starting early so that the buses can do a second run to a different school that starts later..