Lake O trib report (Update w/ new pic)

Dutch01

What a day! I've quickly forgotten the early end to my ice season. Got out on a lake O trib today and managed two beauty fish (both released). No point trying to black out the background, you either know this spot or you don't. Cheers!

C17B9D5E-8D9E-4511-B10D-F12CAC3A6872.jpeg

8B013799-7448-45E8-85C4-A1F7DD53ACB4.jpeg

Edited by Dutch01

4 hours ago, BillM said:

Nice man!  No floods this year? lol

No floods, but there were ice bergs high up on the shore so it flooded at some point before I got there.

3 hours ago, Rizzo said:

coupla real beauties!

Thanks! 

38 minutes ago, misfish said:

My son has been full force on the tribs and doing very well. Keeps sending pics. I told him when the ice season is done, I,ll join him. Trout for him, white fish for me. Both happy happy.

Very nice fish. 

Thanks. I didn't know you could get whitefish in the rivers this time of year. I thought that was a fall thing. Where I shore fish for perch in spring (Simcoe) they are always closed.

14 minutes ago, Dutch01 said:

Thanks. I didn't know you could get whitefish in the rivers this time of year. I thought that was a fall thing. Where I shore fish for perch in spring (Simcoe) they are always closed.

LOL

Im still fishing the lake (Simcoe ) til the 15th, he is fishing the tribs

18 hours ago, PUMP KNOWS said:

Nice Dutch. 

The second fish looks like it's spawned out?

My son has caught a few that have done their deed and returning to the lake. I found it strange. Then again, this weather has us all screwed up.

I had a lot of great memories fishing that stretch as a kid during March break. I wiped out on that muddy path so many times – mud, ice and felt soles do not mix.LOL

It’s been a good while since I last fished there. Can’t imagine what the crowds are like now. They were horrible even 20yrs ago. But at least a few times a year, you’d see a rainbow over 20lbs get caught. It might be time to finally break out the float gear for a drift or two.

Great fish!

19 minutes ago, MJL said:

I had a lot of great memories fishing that stretch as a kid during March break. I wiped out on that muddy path so many times – mud, ice and felt soles do not mix.LOL

It’s been a good while since I last fished there. Can’t imagine what the crowds are like now. They were horrible even 20yrs ago. But at least a few times a year, you’d see a rainbow over 20lbs get caught. It might be time to finally break out the float gear for a drift or two.

Great fish!

Thanks!

We were lucky, it wasn't very busy. I don't think it will stay like that for long though.

2 hours ago, PUMP KNOWS said:

Nice one

Thanks!

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

friggin tank, well done

Thanks!

23 minutes ago, GBW said:

Damn man, and here I thought you were the walleye whisperer... 

I don't know about whisperer lol! I do love me some walleye. We're made for each other, we both like to stay up late. 

Not gonna lie though, that rainbow could out pull a stringer full of walleye in a tug of war! ???

Edited by Dutch01