Golf cart batteries

boombap

Anyone running these to power their trolling motor?

Currently running a group 27 to power my 50# powerdrive.. looking to get a bit more time on each charge. Space is tight to fit 2 group 27's and not looking to step down to 24's. Looking at most golf cart batteries and they're rated for 200+ah so will give me more than 2 27's would. Just looking for opinions/ideas. Thanks.

I have a pair of them for the house bank on my boat.  They are not small or light.  They are 65lbs each. I think they are 230 AmpHr.  Wired in series to get 12v you don't add the capacity. It's 230 total at 12v.  If you needed 24v you would need 4 batteries and you would have 230 at 24v. (And 280lbs).

They do work well though and can draw way down and charge back up.

Deep Cell Marine batteries aren't just designed to hold a charge longer, just as are the Marine cranking batteries are built to be more robust to take the pounding a boat will take.  My question would be does a Golf Cart battery meet the same requirement as a marine battery? I have learned here on OFC that the marine batteries have thicker cell walls and are much more resistant to shock. A boat battery can be used in a car or truck but not vice versa. Off roaders use the more robust marine batteries I believe.