Are Polarized Fishing Glasses worth it

LittleWorm

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SirCranksalot said:

Are Rapala glasses any good? I found a pair at Walmart that fits over my glasses. My selection is limited by the fact that I wear glasses.

I recall seeing others saying happy with them for the price 

23 hours ago, SirCranksalot said:

Are Rapala glasses any good? I found a pair at Walmart that fits over my glasses. My selection is limited by the fact that I wear glasses.

Yes Ive used em and they are fine ... and for $20 you cant go wrong

Edited by camillj

I had a pair of Tommy Bahamas that were dark reading glasses too. Around 300 bucks. I was afraid to take them out of the house. I can't find them but the dozen or more pair of cheap sunglasses are all accounted for, should be a song. They may be on the boat, I doubt it. I am becoming my mother ad father. 5 layers of plastic on the good furniture and blankets, never saw it until we moved them.

Costco on line has the Maui Jim Legacy glasses in Brown/Bronze and Black/Grey for $129.  Web site says that they may be in your local store too.  They will be cheaper than that in the stores but they don't last long until they are gone.  I think I will grab a grey lens pair if they are close to $100.  

https://www.costco.ca/Maui-Jim-Legacy-Sunglasses.product.100388228.html

Been through the whole array of polarized glasses. Cheap CT Rapalas, and Strike Kings, Oakley's, and now Maui Jim's. For me the difference was night and day even between the Oakley's and Maui's. 0 eye fatigue at all being outside all day.... and also great for driving or anything else. Personally I have matte black Maui Jim Pheai with the glass HCL bronze lenses and they are fantastic. Easy to clean and good for all around sunlight conditions. Also the Maui Warranty is second to none in the sunglasses world. 

If you can afford quality sunglasses...... get them. 

On 2018-04-11 at 10:45 AM, G.mech said:

I see on the Costco site that the manufacturer's warranty does not apply...not sure how that would work..??

Costco refunds your price almost no questions asked.   You cant get a repair though. 

For me they are definitely worth it. I use 580g Costas, green lenses on Sunny days, sunrise silver lenses in lower light. My brother strictly uses Oakleys, and after trying the green lens from my Costas, he wanted a pair. No fatigue, easy to see what i am fishing in shallow waters, and it protects my eyes when fishing with multiple people on my boat.