Fishing with my Antigua buddy.

limeyangler

Hi all,

every year we go to Antigua I hook up with a local fishing guide and guest house owner and hit the water. I met him as a paying customer but after that initial meeting we became instant friends and now we just fish together, sharing spots and info. Great to have Nick as a friend, he selflessly takes time out from his busiest season to take me out using his equipment, I make sure I bring him a few hard to come by goodies. We have a bit of an ongoing joke that we always seem to do better when not fishing together, and it was looking that way after many frustrating hours of sight fishing Tarpon, we saw lots and got them to chase but could not hook them before they got spooked. We were going home when I decided to just flip my line over the back as we puttered along back to the landing when WHAM!...fish ON!

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎03 at 8:40 AM, limeyangler said:

Hi all,

. Great to have Nick as a friend, he selflessly takes time out from his busiest season to take me out using his equipment, I make sure I bring him a few hard to come by goodies.

What a monster. I live vicariously through your adventures these days. I need 2 or 3 days rest after dragging in big Erie Walleye now, 8 pounders not 80 pounders. I have tried for years in The Gulf of Florida, came close but never hooked into one. When you see the sheer enormity of a mature Cuda I second guess myself as to not hooking one is such a bad thing. I still have back and shoulder pain from a Giant Grouper and I was told it was a  baby.

I have friends that also wave their professional fees for me. Sometimes I think it may be cheaper to pay for their services in cash rather than goodies including Louis XIII Cognac and Cubans. (The cigars not the people)

edit: Misfish would be proud of you showing what can be caught in a blow up Pool toy. I hope giant angry toothy critters don't like the taste of rubber.

Edited by Old Ironmaker