Simcoe Ice conditions unsafe

Kawartha Kev

Yup they were t one of the first spots that break up every years and report the lake isn't safe

while their bloat breaks up the ice, they make small pressure cracks into big ones

i remember more then once they broke up the ice at the launch and none of the walkers including me couldnt get back to shore the same route we went out on

if I cut a big hole in the ice and didnt mark it they would be right there to charge me  but they do the same thing and are proud of it

5 hours ago, misfish said:

They just made the ice even unsafer by what they did doing that . I will never understand why they do those kind of reports.

BRUTAL

I'd rather see them do that, so when "Mr. Ice Fisherman" ventures out for that last kick at the can, he won't! He'll realize it's finally time to wait for softwater and not be a hero. It'll save alot more people than it will kill. Don'tcha think?

It's not worth risking the lives of yourselves, or our 1st responders. Go buy your fish until it's softwater season.   (None of this directed to you specifically Misfish, just my $0.02)

so im on the ice, i try to get off only to find the ice boat broke all the ice near the shore and access spot and that saves lives i have also seen them running along a pressure crack changing a 2ft opening to a 4ft opening and again they do not mark any of the large holes they create    yeah that will save lives

LOL

The ice is fine out there. Machines still going about. The only issue out there is SHORE line. We were sitting on a solid 18" this morning.  

Did I mention the ice was SOLID ?????????????????????

I know cops and even fire rescue guys that were out there today. 

The news scares the ones that dont know.

That was my point. 

What a great morning we all had.

7 minutes ago, Kawartha Kev said:

Wow didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest of controversy here just posted as a for your information only purpose hope everyone who was out there had a great and safe time.

Kawartha Kev

Alls good here Kev

18 hours ago, Smokercrafty said:

I'd rather see them do that, so when "Mr. Ice Fisherman" ventures out for that last kick at the can, he won't! He'll realize it's finally time to wait for softwater and not be a hero. It'll save alot more people than it will kill. Don'tcha think?

It's not worth risking the lives of yourselves, or our 1st responders. Go buy your fish until it's softwater season.   (None of this directed to you specifically Misfish, just my $0.02)

LOL

No worries here. Just my $0.02 back at ya.

Terry can fight his own battles. 

LOL

12 hours ago, Smokercrafty said:

Stay home next time buddy, instead of finding something to bicker about. 

There's a sale on fish somewhere.

That nonsense can get you in a whole lot of trouble real quick.
If'n you want make it personal take it to PM.

That ATV went through in an area that shouldn't be travelled at any time.

I was out on the east side yesterday and everything seemed good.  The usual pressure crack issue, but just had to find the safe spot.

I guess I should add that going on ice is always dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

Edited by jimmer

Ice doesn't melt magically, lol.  Shore line is the issue, 20+ inches of ice takes quite a bit of time to melt.  You won't find me out there anymore this year however.

Edited by BillM

heres a solution...go fish the inland lakes that are completely locked up and will be for the next month.

Cant say im a huge fan of guys leaving it to the first responders to bail them out if they get stuck out there...but if you really gotta ice fish just go somewhere the ice is safer? :blink: I know I will be this weekend.

Guess they should do a story on "don't drive the 401 when it snows"   Try driving in Brampton after a snow fall ..

Safe is always a personal issue.. If you don't feel safe don't go.   There will always be the people who push the risk too far,

On a bad note "Trout and Whitefish Close March 15th "

5 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

heres a solution...go fish the inland lakes that are completely locked up and will be for the next month.

Cant say im a huge fan of guys leaving it to the first responders to bail them out if they get stuck out there...but if you really gotta ice fish just go somewhere the ice is safer? :blink: I know I will be this weekend.

I know my limits. Last year I knew the ice was thick but was honey combing fast. Thats when I said Im done. Buddies still went and slayed fish. That was good for them, but I still was not going out. This year will be the same. As soon as I feel it,s not safe to me, I,ll be done. Looking for other lakes will not be on my mind. Oh wait, one will be as there is a river to fish close by if it dose not pan out. LOL Pan,,,,,,,,,fish.