Simcoe done for the season?

captpierre

Guys,

No issue walking out from Keswick park Sunday AM. Melt and rain from mid-week were solid on top of 18-20 inches of quality ice. Cold and breezy for sure. Hardly anyone on the ice compared to the week before, given all the huts were pulled on time. Boot traction strap ons necessary for sure. Lots of quality perch to be had as well.

simcoe perch.jpg

Edited by maker a laker

6 hours ago, Ronzo said:

No. I live close to Lockhart Rd, lots of good ice still if you know your area.

Hey Ronzo, I went out off Lockhart yesterday and was surprised at how much ice we lost in the last few days.  Still fishable but the clock is ticking.  And I'd say access at Lockhart is officially toast for machines.  One of your neighbours tried with an ATV and it ended with a tow strap and a broken fender.  

You would not catch me out there on an ATV now, not a chance. IMO you're moving way too fast to react to bad ice on any kind of machine at this point on Simcoe. Quite annoying to see the shoreline being bashed up by machines.

Yup saw a bunch of cars on the ice yesterday 

it is only the shore line in spots and the high current areas that have any issues and that is ongoing any year any time. The lake is making ice not losing it 

4 hours ago, Terry said:

Yup saw a bunch of cars on the ice yesterday 

it is only the shore line in spots and the high current areas that have any issues and that is ongoing any year any time. The lake is making ice not losing it 

lol, those rednecks will drive their cars on anything though, my boys were out on 6 inches on scugog on first ice and the boys had their cars out...

Gotta love the guys that leave all of their trash on the lake when they take their huts off too. last weekend i saw a guy with his hut up on 2 foot long pieces of 2x6...tied up the shack and just drove off leaving all of his wood and shims...should make some nice dead heads to hit with my lower end come spring.

13 hours ago, misfish said:

Would seem dink perch have moved in and the white fish out. Started in 60 fow moved into 30 fow. All stops the same results. Dink perch. 

dissapointing when some of your last trips dont pan out...im really hoping for some luck this weekend, i think ive only got a couple more days on the ice left before the long wait for the lakes to open up.

2 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

dissapointing when some of your last trips dont pan out...im really hoping for some luck this weekend, i think ive only got a couple more days on the ice left before the long wait for the lakes to open up.

Last trips ? These are just stop bys after work. No biggie. It all starts Saturday til the closer on Thursday. Giddy up go daddy,giddy up go.