Spring is in the air

dave524

Been a few Robins all winter, they descend on the neighbours Mt Ash berries frequently, but this morning taking the dogs around the yard for their business I heard the distinct Konk-ker -ree of a male Red Wing Blackbird up in the top of the maple , early spring I say..

I installed the new onboard charger, hooked up the fuel line of my new kicker to  the main tank, and changed out some old mono on a few poles!  Just need to load tackle, fill rod locker and put the Minnkota and riggers back on the boat and spring is happening!  First steelhead of the year was last week so ice fishing and winter can piss off!

Edited by porkpie

A bit bitter sweet for me. I bought a new sled this winter and I haven't been able to get 500 miles on it.  On the other had, I can't wait for shallow king/trout action on Lake O's south shore.

First world problems but maybe one last blast from old man winter in March (not like this hasn't happened b4) and then on to double digit temps.. Oh yea, and throw in a winning lottery ticket into the mix just for fun..LOL.

A boy can dream..

Standing at the kitchen sink looking out the window a few Grackles landed in the previously mentioned maple this morning, first of the year, all the while the weatherman was talking winter storm warning on the TV.

10" of heavy white stuff here. Took 2 sessions to clear the driveway. A neighbour was bold enough to plow out our entire street and sidewalks:clapping::worthy: because the city has only once sent a plow down our street this entire winter, and that was 5 days after a storm.