Stolen Truck in brampton

jedimaster

Hey guys, been a long time since I was last online here but I thought I would try and spread the word.

Thursday night my truck in brampton was stolen from my driveway between 7:30pm and 9pm.

Its a 2013 Dodge Ram 1500. V6, 4x4 quad cab. Has a Matching grey Cap (like a leer with tinted windows). Truck has a black verticle stripe on the tail gate. The rear chrome bumper has 4 holes for backup sensors but no sensors installed. Also the front bumper has 4 holes for fog lights and tow hooks but neither are installed.

I believe the truck is still in the brampton area as the thieves used a Home Depot Card that was in the truck at Home depot in brampton. Police have been notified but have done nothing, Not even gone to the store to get the footage of the people who used it 4 times(Thankfully home depot called and said some unusual activity was made). They said they have footage but will only release it to the cops, Great.... well if they would go to the store,

Anyway, also in the car was a handheld Garmin GPS, Cordless drill, some costa sunglasses (GRRRRR) and a number of other things.

If you know anyone that works at Peel region and could maybe ask them to do some work that would be awesome because I know with all crimes time is of the essence and the fact they there have footage of the people is amazing.

If they take the cap off there is an FLW, Costa and Zippo Outdoors field staff sticker on the rear cab glass, on the cap there is a Summit Sticker on the right hand lower side of the tailgate glass.

In the pictures are the old bumper that I smushed ice fishing a few weeks ago. The current rear and front bumpers are both chrome.

summit.png

truck cap.jpg

13502052_10157077724295301_6266743863798671402_n.jpg

20171215_173840.jpg

I feel for you; my Avalanche was stolen, one year ago last weekend. Yeah it was a great finish too the family day weekend. They didn't just get the truck; but my Ski Doo, ramps, all my ice fishing gear and a lot more. Cops found it 10 days latter out on the Res; stripped to the bones.

Again sorry to hear and know your pain and the feeling of what the hell why me.

Dan. 

So far insurance has been fine. Got a rental right away. They are merging the deductable for house and car insurance so i only pay the higher of the two and will apply tge dedictable on either of the two for whatever works better for me. So no complaints so far. Now just need to deal with adjuster on values. Will update how tgat goes if you guys want to know. Insurance is through thinkinsure (broker) and wawanesa.

Edited by jedimaster
content adjust

10 hours ago, jedimaster said:

Chipped. Thats what I asked the cop and the insurance. They said they can do it.

Vince, try and remind me to look into that at work tomorrow.  

I know that I can get a chipped key in for a customer (whom we know and or has ownership on them) and even after cutting it, it won't start the car till synced.  So I want to try and figure that out.

G

For a last couple of months have you given your key and clicker to someone? If yes. Do you really trust him? That's the easiest way to make a duplicate of your key, chip and clicker and use them or to sell them to requester.  I mean some mechanics including Canadian Tire, Act Green & Ross etc, 

Edited by spyder3g