Could this be my last outing ?

misfish

It was a rainy morning, and my brother Raul stayed home to make pepperoni pizza,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL

Woke up to rain hitting the window at 4am. Said to self, sleep in. Wake up at 5 and no rain hitting the window. Weather man is wrong again. Look outside and well, get the gear and off. Knowing yesterdays access was a wash, I drove around to look for access. I didnt want the populated areas. I headed to that stream feed spot from a few weeks ago with little hope, but had to check it out. Was open but shallow on the shore. No hut today. Bogan,rods, finder,auger and a spud. Managed to get on and start fishing. It was like a dead zone . 5 moves and not even a mark. Kept at it, moving and moving. 25-45 fow. Having to make a meet up at noon, I worked my way shallow again. Bingo. Started marking. First fish on knocked off at the bottom of the hole. 2nd one came quick after, but unbutton. Fish were is schools. Drop again, fish came in and hooked up. Turned out to be the last one of the morning for me. Sun came out and the screen went blank again.

Lots of water out there and ponds of it. Ice shavings were worse then yesterday. Could see air bubbles in the drilled holes. If we get the weather they are calling for, it could be a very short ending to a great start this year. Ice maybe thick, but if it gets water logged, that will be the end. Looks like my March break holiday maybe spend fishing river mouths. Atleast I,ll be :Gonefishing:.

Play safe out there all.

c0oyC4W.jpg?1

PS

Thanks for the rods fishingwithbob. You havent changed a bit. Looking good young fella and great seeing and chatting with you again.

B

14 hours ago, OhioFisherman said:

The birds starting hitting my yard en mass last week, might not be much winter left?

Last year it took 2 months just to keep 6"-8"of ice. Then March came with a vengeance ,and we had well over 14"-16" til end of march.

This year we get blessed with 18"+ by mid January. Still have lots, but it will be crap soon without a good cold snap. 

Will it be, in like a lion and out like a lamb ?

2 hours ago, misfish said:

Last year it took 2 months just to keep 6"-8"of ice. Then March came with a vengeance ,and we had well over 14"-16" til end of march.

This year we get blessed with 18"+ by mid January. Still have lots, but it will be crap soon without a good cold snap. 

Will it be, in like a lion and out like a lamb ?

LOL, you are only about 250 miles due north of me as the goose flies? I have seen posts on another site from guys 200 miles south of me already fishing open water.

We still can get some serious snow here in March, but the serious cold is usually gone. I am seeing 3 days below 40 here in the next 15 day forecast.

funny cause this is now the first year that I am wishing the ice away having just bought a boat and sure enough, theres no snow on the lake up there so its been making ice and will continue to probably right until april...Ive never seen such thick ice on G bay since I started on the lake 15 years ago.

Edited by AKRISONER