Simcoe Report

jimmer

Well, I got out yesterday with a couple of buddies and rented a hut to go for perch. Started off the day by slipping and falling on the ice before I even got in the transportation to the hut, yes I had cleats in my tackle bag, duh. Not good for a guy with a bad back, but I survived that.  The fishing was not good, we marked fish most of the day, but they just didn't seem interested in eating anything. All the perch that were caught were very small, meaning nothing for the pan.  We did catch a couple of herring and saw many more.

The best part of the day was home made meatball subs!!!!! The hut was comfy and warm and great company with a few laughs at each other.

Hope for better luck next time.

Ive been hearing that beaverton is not doing so well for perch this year. On the other hand, i think cooks bay might be doing better.  I had the same experience in the early season this year out of Beaverton.  Very few fish marked and very few takers.

Hope your back will be fine!

Gentlemen,

Fished perch Saturday afternoon on Cooks Bay off Keswick. Non-stop action for 3-4 hours in 20ft of water. Many small ones, caught on small minnows, but jigs with medium minnows provided 12-15 keepers in the 10-13in range. Saw another angler with 2 perch in the 14-16"  size, beauties. Most huts being removed  that day, as 18" of ice was still solid for transport.

48 minutes ago, maker a laker said:

Gentlemen,

Fished perch Saturday afternoon on Cooks Bay off Keswick. Non-stop action for 3-4 hours in 20ft of water. Many small ones, caught on small minnows, but jigs with medium minnows provided 12-15 keepers in the 10-13in range. Saw another angler with 2 perch in the 14-16"  size, beauties. Most huts being removed  that day, as 18" of ice was still solid for transport.

Good to know, thanks for the info.