Shloim

HI, I figured that title would gather some attention.... So its been a not so great year for me business wise and as of late Id been kinda depressed about it. So with that being said its my 50th in May. Now while watching all my peers mostly through FB doing great things for this milestone, I just got more depressed. Anyway,things are much better now , as am I. So the wife behind my back with the aid of a couple of my fishing buddies booked us a 4 night trip to Florida to get some Tarpon fishing in!!!! Even booked 3 days with the charter for us! The guy has a couple of boats, so if the weather permits we can go for some sail fish and the like, off shore one of the days. Im pretty stoked for it and am counting the days.... and as the title says, Man do I love that gal!!!!

S

Edited by Shloim

53 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

have you fished tarpon before? if not...ha ha....oh what a treat

Ive been watching videos, looks insane. Cant wait!. Plus the guide is booked for the optimum time that month. Got a couple great friends coming with! Should be epic!!!!

I love her too! My wife not your wife but I can see why you do. Mine arranged a Musky charter for my 60th. We had a place in west FLA and I went for Tarpon a few times. You can get ready for Tarpon fishing now. Tie a steel cable to the back of a 1/2 ton 4x4 and try and reel it in with the truck in drive.

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

ahahaha...oh man just be prepared to literally ruin freshwater fishing for yourself lol

First tarpon i hooked into a "juvenile" all 20lbs of it...

me - "im snagged" 

guide - "hold on"

First one I hooked into was a buck forty!!!!

Looked like a poseidon missile launched from a sub when it broke water!!! :lol: 

1 hour ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

First one I hooked into was a buck forty!!!!

Looked like a poseidon missile launched from a sub when it broke water!!! :lol: 

jesus christ...I wasnt using very heavy tackle for mine either just a medium heavy rod and a standard 4000 series reel. My snag started making my line cut through the water from the front of to the back of the boat at 100kmh and then proceeded to jump 10 feet into the air.

4 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

jesus christ...I wasnt using very heavy tackle for mine either just a medium heavy rod and a standard 4000 series reel. My snag started making my line cut through the water from the front of to the back of the boat at 100kmh and then proceeded to jump 10 feet into the air.

We almost lost my friends wife to a big one a couple of days later. 

We were all sitting around the back of the boat yakking and having a few wobblies.

It was her and her husbands charter and they had large live mullet out for bait.

All of a sudden my buddies wife went flying across the deck as a jumbo tarpon took off with her bait.

Luckily we were on a big sportfisher with high gunnels. She dropped to her knees and went sliding into the stern.  :D

On 2018-02-23 at 11:56 AM, AKRISONER said:

ahahaha...oh man just be prepared to literally ruin freshwater fishing for yourself lol

Nothing fights like a tarpon. I’ve caught some descent skis , but nothing will compare to the strength of a tarpon…well maybe a bigger one! Lol

You’re a lucky dude! You will have a blast! . Hell Im excited for ya! Lol

Edited by Musky Plug

On 2/23/2018 at 7:42 PM, DRIFTER_016 said:

We almost lost my friends wife to a big one a couple of days later. 

We were all sitting around the back of the boat yakking and having a few wobblies.

It was her and her husbands charter and they had large live mullet out for bait.

All of a sudden my buddies wife went flying across the deck as a jumbo tarpon took off with her bait.

Luckily we were on a big sportfisher with high gunnels. She dropped to her knees and went sliding into the stern.  :D

Wow! Im ready!

It's not that Tarpon are the hardest fighting fish, it's that they are the most agile. They will do anything to get off the hook. Think Pike plus SMB on steroids. Who is the Captain...I'd love to see the place you are going to fish. Good reasonable tarpon fishing is hard to find.

1 minute ago, scuro2 said:

It's not that Tarpon are the hardest fighting fish, it's that they are the most agile. They will do anything to get off the hook. Think Pike plus SMB on steroids. Who is the Captain...I'd love to see the place you are going to fish. Good reasonable tarpon fishing is hard to find.

exactly, imaging a 6 foot long musky/smallmouth hybrid that literally jumps like a dolphin...its insane