Ontario license plates

huzzsaba

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎22 at 11:11 AM, OhioFisherman said:

I drove a truck here stateside, only delivered to a couple of area prisons, but it was pretty much the same procedure. My pocket knife had to be left at the gate until I left.

What about your gun Ohio?

When I was a kid I could tell when and if the plates were issued in Hamilton based on the letters and numbers, still can, that skill and 2 bucks will get you a Horton's coffee. Actually it started a few nice conversations down in Florida or in far off places in Ontario like Oakville. The Hamilton Police must have gotten new plates all at the same time. The old beater undercover cop cars in the 70's all had nice shiny new plates on them in sequence and we could see them coming from a block away. I mentioned that to a buddy that joined the force, he told the Chief, they must have been impressed because 30 years latter he became Chief of Police in Hamilton.

I get it Ohio, was being facetious. When I was on a visit to a Steel plant in Gary Indiana in the 80's the Shift Foreman I was with carried a weapon, many workers did. After being there for 2 days I clearly understood why. No one expects that when you walk around a plant and turn a corner in the dead of night you will be met by thugs that will rob you of anything you have on you, anything. We here  Canada just don't see or understand the underbelly of some, and I repeat some places not just in the USA.

• 2 months later...

My wife got a $110 ticket a couple days ago for obstruction of plate because of her peeling plates, lol.

A poorly made, peeling licence plate isn't the same as an obstructed plate, pretty asinine cop,

I wasn't in the car

5 hours ago, chris.brock said:

My wife got a $110 ticket a couple days ago for obstruction of plate because of her peeling plates, lol.

A poorly made, peeling licence plate isn't the same as an obstructed plate, pretty asinine cop,

I wasn't in the car

That sucks.  Can't she fight it? since its not her fault?  I'm guessing this was in Halton.  Halton Police are not as forgiving as Peel police.

I wasn't in the car

:lol: Im guessing if you were in the car, it would have turned out differently.  Hope the charges can be dropped

Yes, Halton.

I'm pretty sure we can get it quashed it's just a PITA and a waste of time. If it goes to trial it will be a waste of tax payers $. It should have been a warning to get new plates. 

My 3 year old son was in the car and he quite liked the experience of getting pulled over by the police and being issued a ticket, lol.