Sport shooting

Dutch01

So yeah, I helped get the other topic locked down (with a little help from my friends so to speak). Rules are rules, and I opposed the no political thread ruling at first, but now I think it's best for the community.

I thought since I may have given some of you the impression I am "anti-gun" I would point out that I greatly enjoy target shooting, and I even shoot an AR sometimes.

Here's a couple pics of my 14 year old Son and I shooting at the range. I am glad he's been taught proper gun handling and safety. I believe having used therm he will not have curiosity about guns and will be safer if he sees one (at a party, from a friend, whatever). It's a good pastime (although expensive!). 

Post a pic of yours if you like.

CEE421DA-1F59-49CE-A444-6E4144585E9E.jpeg

AD40255A-49AA-4A32-AF9A-454004391E0A.jpeg

Edited by Dutch01

My gf shoots clays sometimes at the Galt Sportsman's Club and seems to enjoy it. I'm shooting a friend's guns at his home range in those pics. I'll get my own someday but right now not in the budget, sadly.

I'm surprised there isn't a place up there for you to shoot clays. Seems like there'd be lots of interest...

Edited by Dutch01

2 hours ago, Dutch01 said:

My gf shoots clays sometimes at the Galt Sportsman's Club and seems to enjoy it. I'm shooting a friend's guns at his home range in those pics. I'll get my own someday but right now not in the budget, sadly.

I'm surprised there isn't a place up there for you to shoot clays. Seems like there'd be lots of interest...

Mostly rifle and some pistol at the gun club here. :'(

There is nothing wrong with knowing about guns. My dad was a 30 year vet with the Canadian army ,he was a Master Armourer and had the keys to the gun ranges and armouries. He was also the District Commissioner for the Boy Scouts and we scouts spent many a saturday on the gun ranges with the STRICTNESS OF SUPERVISON that you can imagine having fun firering a wide range of weapons. We all realized what a gun could do as many of our fathers had bullet scars in them and these party guys have no idea what a bullet will do to a human body...

vance

I think a shooting range is an excellent place to go and practice. We have 3 in the area that cater to all forms of shooting with one that has a  300 yd range for the big caliber guns. The cost for a membership varies one is $200.00 and the big caliber is $600.00 which has quite a few more amenities. I have enough land here to have a really nice pistol range that we can shoot up to 50 yards for sighting in rifles. All in all it makes for a good time for a group of us to go out back and shoot different weapons that we own. 

Art

It's a lot of fun, even just as a guest. I think that range is about $700 a year, which isn't crazy at all really. Hard to fit in the budget though when I'm selling my boat because it's costing me that much a year in storage (and also because I'd like my kayak better!). If I had some land I'd do the same as you for sure.

My daughter has never touched a gun in her life but today is her birthday and she wanted to go to a shooting range and fire guns for the 1st time ever so that's what they're doing.

I don't know where they're going but it's an hour from Mississauga

Edited by lew

I'm scheduled to take the gun course next month with a couple of co-workers.  After that I'm hoping to join the club in Barrie, I haven't shot often but enjoy the challenge of target shooting and hope to do more of it in the future. 

Maureen