I got schooled! Whitie smashfest!

steverowbotham

Holy crap did I ever eat some humble pie last week.  I pride myself on staying humble and keeping an open mind when it comes to fishing.  I feel that closed-mindedness will only get you left in the dust.  So last week, when Tom from Fatal Force Outfitters stopped by my hut to offer some tips, I was open ears.  I couldnt have imagined what came next... insanity. What a game changer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFJzSav2lFI

Edited by steverowbotham

2 minutes ago, RossFisher said:

Meegs has been the number one fish getter on Simcoe and many other lakes for years.

Imitations just don't quite cut the mustard.  

Exactly. James does great detailing as far as the body goes.

Guys, if you watch the video again, you will see the way to fish it. And if you know goby patterns, then you should know how the jig is fished. Big hint. They dont have bladders,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Steve that was insane dude.

1 hour ago, misfish said:

Guys, if you watch the video again, you will see the way to fish it. And if you know goby patterns, then you should know how the jig is fished. Big hint. They dont have bladders,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

...ive fished goby patterns for smallies before, and now I think a lightbulb just went off in my head.

Awesome vid.  I tried my luck last week but I couldn't get them to bite.  I think I was over working the meegs.  I hope to get out again before the ice melts.

On 2/15/2018 at 8:05 AM, Sterling said:

Great video, hard to find these meegs jigs online, damn.

They have a few colours in the 1/2oz here... https://coolwatersfishingproducts.ca/collections/meegs-lures/products/meegs-jigs

Great video. I was really surprised you didn't know how to work that jig right. I thought of all people, you would know the trick to make it catch fish. They are a real fish magnet. I don't hit the lake without one rigged. I have hundreds of dollars worth of them in my box. They catch every kind of fish too, not just whities and lakers. I even use them on open water for vertical jigging all kinds of fish. 

S.