Lake Joseph new regs. Help!

Acountdeleted

Hey everyone, 

Just noticed one of my favourite lakes to ice fish changed its regs for 2018.

The new regs are 

'No fishing from Jan 1 to fri before family day (Ontario). Does this mean you can start fishing the lake on the Friday or did I take a day off for nothing and have to push my fishing adventure back a day?

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, SirCranksalot said:

Why don't they just nail it down to Feb 10, say, so that it's always open on Fam Day?

It is, The season is closed up to and including the Friday before Family Day each year according the OP.....

Just for clarity on Page 8 of the regs and above each zone's season dates it states:

. Dates are inclusive: all dates including the first and last dates stated in the summary are open or closed.

So it says the season is closed until the Friday meaning Friday is 'Closed'.   With that said, I can't see any lake in the table or the exceptions that re-open before family day, most are the 3rd Friday in May....what lake are we looking at??

Edited by G.mech

2 hours ago, G.mech said:

It is, The season is closed up to and including the Friday before Family Day each year according the OP.....

Just for clarity on Page 8 of the regs and above each zone's season dates it states:

So it says the season is closed until the Friday meaning Friday is 'Closed'.   With that said, I can't see any lake in the table or the exceptions that re-open before family day, most are the 3rd Friday in May....what lake are we looking at??

Um...read the title. 

For many many years joe opened on feb 15th. They changed it when family day weekend was before the 15th and people omplained. Should have just left it the 15th. 

5 minutes ago, jerpears1 said:

Page 5 of 10 on the right side half way down. (I love the way we can upload photos now) 

DOH......okay thanks.   I am officially blind.  I read that at least 10 times and even after you showed me I had a hard time finding it.  If this is what old age has in store I don't think I want to see 55.  

Edited by G.mech

4 minutes ago, BillM said:

Should have left it the 15th as Sinker mentioned above.

I wish. Months of planning for this day and I have to move it back. :S I mean, its not the end of the world. Its just frustrating. 

In 2022 the lake will be closed until the 19th. I know its just a couple of days but still.

I wonder how many people will be out on the ice on the Friday because the didn't read the new regs. 

1 hour ago, jerpears1 said:

I wish. Months of planning for this day and I have to move it back. :S I mean, its not the end of the world. Its just frustrating. 

In 2022 the lake will be closed until the 19th. I know its just a couple of days but still.

I wonder how many people will be out on the ice on the Friday because the didn't read the new regs. 

lol and you know the CO will be out there busting everyone too.

20 hours ago, G.mech said:

??

You missed my point. If they fixed it at some date slightly before fam day----say the 10th---considering that fam day changes every year, then there would be no confusion like we are seeing here right now.