Beaverton Parking Ticket?

DanD

Yes OK I got a parking ticket, for leaving my truck in the middle of Harbour "Park" Crescent parking lot; in Beaverton. We have always parked our vehicles there; just as everyone else has, that will fit in the area, I actually left the truck there Sunday and Monday nights (Slept in the hut); but the ticket was written at 9:45 Tuesday morning? The reason on the ticket was for snow removal obstruction. Bull the lot wasn't plowed at all, it hadn't snowed enough to warrant a plow? I'm from London and have no idea of un-posted by-laws; but there are no signs stating no overnight parking. Does this towns officials not realize the income out of town people bring into their community? Us for example don't bring any supplies with us; we get it all there. We buy our groceries, booze, fuel and whatever shopping we need right there in town. The thank you I get, is a $30.00 fine for obstructing snow removal; that was never even done?

Sorry for the rant; but this is also a warning for others.

Even after this rant; I will be going back. The fishing was decent and I had a great time out there with my family. They all left Sunday afternoon and I stayed on my own until Tuesday afternoon. There were no jumbo perch to brag about; but the numbers were good, I will be moving the hut next time out; most of the operators have moved out of the area; that we are in. Looks like they've gone deeper again. On Saturday we moved from 34 FOW down/up? to 28 FOW; the fishing picked up but they were all small perch. Did manage a couple of Cisco and a few smelt; but again nothing the brag about.

Dan.

39 minutes ago, misfish said:

I haven't seen them in a few years. One year I was getting some real nice ones. 

Not sure about schools of smelt but the few I got; got my mouth watering for a feed. As it was it turned out to be a mixed pan of fish. I call it a wonder meal; what fish (in a potato chowder) is this I'm tasting?  LOL

Dan

Dan, I would write the town council and state your concerns. I’ve Done a lot of Tourism work. You and others contribute to their local Ecco o year and doing this only drives us away!  $30 today may mean loss of thousands next year. They have to think about the who they target. 

that stupid law that says no renewal of plate until fines paid is a bunch of CRAP.

I had an incidence in TO. I paid for one of those meters and got a ticket! I paid it and copied it and wrote a nasty letter to the authorizes about the about looking more carefully at the paid tag!!! I got my money back!

good luck.

That's why I don't go to Simcoe anymore.

I had a permanent hut on Simcoe for 15 years, traveled there every week.

Bad enough that drive through Toronto then get ticketed on Simcoe.:angry:

Got ticketed a few times there, they have signs posted someplace that states if it snows you get ticketed on any street even if it states you can park.

Parked one day in the morning, wasn't snowing, at noon started to snow, came in around 4 pm. all cars were ticketed.

Simcoe has saved me lots of money now $70.00 bucks in gas, $30.00 ticket, Minnows $.?.00 , $15.00 stop at Onroute, and best of all that crazy drive through Toronto.

Now I stay home and fish Hamilton Harbor:D:rolleyes::wacko: of course catch and release.:rolleyes::wacko::D

But I do miss my 2 Whities and Herring:(

Edited by Fish Farmer

Now that it has been a couple days afterwards; I can kind of understand the towns thinking, If it were a free for all parking, it would be hell for everyone. There is free parking on top the hill at the community center and there's another lot, just to the left; before going down the hill to Harbour Park Crescent.. So yeah unknowingly I was in the wrong, leaving my truck there overnight. Still doesn't explain why I only received one ticket for the two nights there and that the lot wasn't plowed on the third morning my truck was there? It was likely parking enforcement looking to fill a quota and I was easy pickings. LOL

Like I said earlier, I'm still going back and enjoy the fishing off of the easy access of Beaverton. School costs money and I've just paid for a lesson?

Dan.

15 minutes ago, DanD said:

Now that it has been a couple days afterwards; I can kind of understand the towns thinking, If it were a free for all parking, it would be hell for everyone. There is free parking on top the hill at the community center and there's another lot, just to the left; before going down the hill to Harbour Park Crescent.. So yeah unknowingly I was in the wrong, leaving my truck there overnight. Still doesn't explain why I only received one ticket for the two nights there and that the lot wasn't plowed on the third morning my truck was there? It was likely parking enforcement looking to fill a quota and I was easy pickings. LOL

Like I said earlier, I'm still going back and enjoy the fishing off of the easy access of Beaverton. School costs money and I've just paid for a lesson?

Dan.

Knowing their racket, they may have towed your vehicle from said parking lot.

Just saying:rolleyes:

Yeah you're right; if I was breaking the by-law two nights in a row; why wasn't it towed? 

Now that would have been a true piss off! Oh then another charge for driving the quad through town looking for the truck! LOL

Dan.

Yeah, you will get a ticket for parking over night in that lot, and you can't park trailers there ever. park up top, at the arena, or on the ice. I always park on the ice, never a problem, and I don't have to drag my hut on the road. Tons of ice, as you know, and the water there is maybe 2 ft deep max for about 300m from shore. All good. 

S. 

I got a ticket in Honey Harbour on a quiet side road with access to the lake. There were no signs whatsoever telling me that I couldn't park there so I took the ticket right to the town offices and asked for an explanation. The bylaw officer was in the office and admitted that he wrote it. Being from out of town is no excuse for not knowing the local parking bylaw so I told them that I won't be back.... And I haven't..