Which to Choose GARMIN STRIKER 4 or the 5CV PLUS for Ice Fishing

tizfun

Hey all, Need some advice as I'm trying to get back into doing a little ice fishing... I've come across a couple good deals on the Garmin Striker 4 portable and the Garmin 5cv plus portable...  They are from what I've been reading are great little units for the ice..  They have great reviews..  The striker 4 come complete, but they recommend upgrading the ice ducer to the G8 or GT15.. something like that.. Where the Garmin 5vc already comes with the upgraded ice ducer.. When you add it all up, the 5CV costs to about 40-60 dollars more depending on who you buy it from..

So , Which do I choose and why ??   I'm leaning on the Striker 4...

Thanks in advance.

Tiz

The units are much closer to what I said before,..  When you add the upgraded ice ducer to the Striker 4, it's almost the same price as the Striker 5CV that already comes with the upgraded Ice ducer...    

Striker 4 portable 199.99  +  169.99 for the W8GT Ice ducer + 42.00 shipping

Striker 5 portable 399.00 +  38.00 shipping

Not mentioning where, but this is what I have found..  Yes, in Canadian funds

Edited by tizfun

Well, decided to go with neither of the Garmin units...  I had (don't remember having it) a Lowrance 4 HDI.. it's a newer unit i picked up off of Kijiji...   So I ended up picking up the Lowrance portable pack , put the 4 HDI in there.. Works great here at home.. We'll see how it does on the water this weekend...