Spring Fishing Show.

captpierre

13 hours ago, Fish Farmer said:

Free parking and $3.00 to get in, See you there bro.

I have a great time at the swap, I go just to meet old friends and shoot the :oops:

I can't remember it I saw anything:rolleyes::D

They set a date yet brudder ?

11 hours ago, bigugli said:

We have a good swap in Ancaster and a decent local show in Ft Erie. Always good deals to be had.

Non fishing item on the list. Mild salsa.

1 hour ago, Kawartha Kev said:

Pretty disappointing day at the show today not a lot to see or do just a couple big tackle dealers mostly JB's and Naturals not very busy was in and out in a little over an hour no deals to be had for what I was looking for.

Kawartha Kev

I have to agree with you.  Total waste of time and money.

although I’m not a Muskie Guy, handlebarz baits booth had some good looking stuff, and also the perfect jig had some cool stuff.

Everything considered I would pass on going next year.

I totally disagree with the negative feedback

"...wasn't busy at all" - would you have rather been pushing and shoving your way around?  If so, next time try Saturday instead of Friday.

"...stared at every time I went to a booth" - I hope I don't end up reading a later post of you complaining when you can't find help at any retail store.

I talked to both the Shimano and St Croix guys about repairing a couple rods.  Listened to Dave Mercer, always entertaining.  Picked up some new Live Target lures accompanied by a "free" t-shirt.  Also picked up my first Handlebarz lure.  Chatted to the Muskies Canada guys about a French River/West Arm excursion.  All in all a great escape from the cold weather and well worth the time and money spent.

Remember, the more people you talk out of going the more likely you will no longer have the option to complain about it.

I had a chance to attend "Musky Sunday" yesterday and had a great time.  I thought the presenters (Jim Saric, Gord Pyzer, John Anderson and Jeremy Smith) did a great job and I really enjoyed getting a chance to speak with some of them afterwards. 

IMG_3838.jpg

I really liked how the presenters went into deeper musky strategies and environmental factors rather than just another presentation about why you need to do a figure-8 at the boat.  It was also nice getting a chance to meet Mike and some other OFC members while I was up there.  Bought a couple new Handlebarz for the 2018 season - already looking forward to spring!

I went yesterday as well. Was hoping to goto the musky seminars as well but didn't have enough time. Looks like I missed on a good one. 

Did walk around for just over an hour. There weren't any deals to be found, from what I could see. Mostly just store prices. Did buy some stuff but mostly things I couldn't buy at local tackle stores. 

I went Friday night and it was great.  It was surprisingly quiet between 4 and 8pm.  With it being relatively quiet, it was easy to get to all the booths and check out what they have, plus talk to the vendors and get a couple questions answered.

Went to the 5pm talk by the Johnston brothers and the 6pm talk by Scott Martin.  Both talks were excellent.  Very informative and with the smaller crowd I got time to ask questions at both of the talks.

IMG_2100.JPG

IMG_2101.JPG

IMG_2105.JPG

IMG_2110.JPG

IMG_2119.JPG

IMG_2120.jpg

Hey All first I want to thank everyone who took the time to come out and support this all fishing show. The Promoter tries hard to bring in new things to help get interest in the show. I know of three manufactures that pulled out at the last min two were due to family issues (I have no clue what they are)  and the third as they had a conflict with their holiday plans and were out of the country.

I had a great time all weekend and was lucky enough to meet many new people face to face for the first time from OFC thanks for taking the time to stop by the booth and say hi.

Musky Sunday was a success again with good attendance I'm not sure the actual numbers but when I was there it seemed like a good turn out. They had great seminars all weekend with Salmon day Saturday Musky Sunday and bass university Monday  all days went past noon due to the amount of questions that everyone had for the speakers so I would think that was a good thing.

Later in the day each day it was slower but numbers through the weekend were about the same from what I had heard so if you came when it was slower you were lucky. I know we had many customers that had to come back as our booth was to busy. For that I am so grateful as we try and take time with each person and not short them.

Just remember all shows are the same the deals are not as good as they were in the 80's 90's and very early 2000's the cost of everything has gone through the roof and our suppliers do not bring their prices down after they go up due to our Canadian $ so the amazing deals have to go.

Please let me know what you want to see in these shows that will make them worth your while to come out. I know the owners of it would love the honest feedback so that they can make improvements to it.

Cheers Mike Parker