Spring Fishing Show.

captpierre

I haven't been in a few years.. sigh  Family day weekend is usually when we get visits...   Used to never miss it.. lol.  its a shame cause its 4 lane all the way now!!

14 hours ago, dintymoore said:

Haven't been to this show in many years. Can one find some good deals there? I'm in the market for a new reel.

I don't think there are any deals there.  Maybe some but they may be gone by noon on Saturday.

It's a great place to talk to the manufacturers and ask detailed technical questions about their products.  I have found it helpful with future purchases or just gaining knowledge on the tech.

14 minutes ago, Lape0019 said:

Went last year but she's a long drive from Ottawa.

I might go this year but I am waiting on a few buddies to confirm. Otherwise, I'll be up there in July anyway and can hit up the stores that sell what I went when I am there.

The sportsman show is a better show. I think it’s in March. 

4 hours ago, Fisherman said:

Great place to go and catch the flue bug, lol.

LMAO

I got the shot, but I am still not going. Been to enough of them and have found, wasted gas and time. I do not enjoy them any more. They are 1-2 ,hour walk abouts. 

32 minutes ago, misfish said:

LMAO

I got the shot, but I am still not going. Been to enough of them and have found, wasted gas and time. I do not enjoy them any more. They are 1-2 ,hour walk abouts. 

Lol, time you can fruitfully expend walking around on the ice finding the right spot with good deals on fish.

The good deals at fishing shows have simply disappeared. If deals exist I would suggest you try the final days of the show. Vendors, at least in the past, did not want to lug merchandise back home so good buys could be had. Today many local tackle stores put on their own Fishing Show specials. Give them a try. You may be pleasantly surprised.

On 2/5/2018 at 7:44 PM, dintymoore said:

Haven't been to this show in many years. Can one find some good deals there? I'm in the market for a new reel.

Might find more deals at a show like this (Bowmanville Tackle Swap):

https://www.facebook.com/Bowmanville-Tackle-Swap-and-Fishing-Show-844565995651188/

Edited by AdamWoodhouse

There is no "might" about it. You will find outstanding deals especially if you are interested in used gear. Look for lures with bite marks, don't buy mono/fluro line as it will be old but braid is often one of the better buys at the show.  2 floors now as well. I bet they get 2500 people.

53 minutes ago, Snidley said:

There is no "might" about it. You will find outstanding deals especially if you are interested in used gear. Look for lures with bite marks, don't buy mono/fluro line as it will be old but braid is often one of the better buys at the show.  2 floors now as well. I bet they get 2500 people.

Now these swaps are the place to be. I have gotten some sweet deals. Terry and I went home one day with probly $500 worth of stuff at new and only spent $110. Thats a savings. And nothing was crap.

This show is actually a great show we have been there the last 4 years? I think its been 4 but lost count.

Years ago I always thought I had to get a great deal at the show to make it worth the trip but then I found the OFC site and we had the M&G there and I learned that its more then just getting a deal. I love talking to everyone who comes by our booth from little kids to guys who were fishing decades before I was born they all have their musky encounter or their dram of catching one. I get to see friends who I live far away from but we all get to chat over the weekend.

You can find some deals there maybe not like the good old days but that is just the industry cost of everything has gone through the roof so that makes the screaming deals less.

For the fishermen and women who have everything then they might not get as much out of the shows but for the ones who want to learn they can ask questions from many in the industry to further their knowledge or pick up a new tip that might help them out. We have our Promotional Staff there to help out each of them have their own ways of fishing musky some have their own waters that they catch many big musky on yearly where others that have been on the same waters have never seen a big fish. This is where you can gain from ask many questions and listen to the answers.

If your at the show please stop by the Handlebarz booth I would love to get to meet more OFC members who I have not yet met. and always love to see my friends from  years past.

Adam your right Zets is a great place but you better be hungry they fill the trays

Cheers Mike

On 2/7/2018 at 4:23 PM, misfish said:

Now these swaps are the place to be. I have gotten some sweet deals. Terry and I went home one day with probly $500 worth of stuff at new and only spent $110. Thats a savings. And nothing was crap.

Free parking and $3.00 to get in, See you there bro.

I have a great time at the swap, I go just to meet old friends and shoot the :oops:

I can't remember it I saw anything:rolleyes::D

Edited by Fish Farmer