Anyone interested in doing a road trip?

Big Cliff

I'm tired of winter and thinking a road trip to Myrtle Beach for some pier fishing (Apache Pier) might be a nice way to spend a bit of time. Daytime temperatures are running between 10 and 17° C so it would be a lot better than here.

I was thinking of leaving Lindsay around Monday the 5th and being back home around the 12th (I'm flexible). I'll provide transportation (2018 Corolla) and pay for fuel, you pay for your own food and out of pocket expenses we can share accommodations. (A nice clean room with hot breakfast off the beach is typically about $50.00/ night + tax.

If you are interested let me know.

7 hours ago, Big Cliff said:

This trip is therapy :lol:

Uncle Cliff you are RIGHT, but just a few weeks ago I had total shoulder replacement and the bride would change the locks if I missed my physical therapy.

I hope this kicks this back to the top so you get someone for that needed trip in the south.

BTW have you thought of a trip to Vegas instead. Many people go there stag and it's much cheaper then you would think. 

2 minutes ago, Mister G said:

Uncle Cliff you are RIGHT, but just a few weeks ago I had total shoulder replacement and the bride would change the locks if I missed my physical therapy.

I hope this kicks this back to the top so you get someone for that needed trip in the south.

BTW have you thought of a trip to Vegas instead. Many people go there stag and it's much cheaper then you would think. 

Totally understand my friend, standing on a pier reeling in fish for a couple of days would probably be more than that shoulder could take anyway! I am actually thinking of doing a road trip to Arizona in a couple of weeks, I've always wanted to see the Grand Canyon and take one of the mule tours right down into the canyon, that sort of thing. I may be delaying the Myrtle Beach trip for a few days, they are calling for a storm coming in tonight and into tomorrow. since it looks like I'm going solo this trip it really doesn't matter when I leave anyway.

Lots to see in Arizona The Grand Canyon is a great place, we drove there in 2011 in August and had a great time. At this time of year the south and north rim parks will be closed for winter until April or May, 5000 ft elevation. South Arizona should be much warmer.  

Cliff if you do the Grand Canyon I highly recommend a fly over package. Been to "Lost Wages " twice. First visit we did the fly over in a Cesna I believe....3 of us plus the pilot and our second trip it was the only thing I insisted that I do again. And if I ever go again I will be flying through the Canyon again.

Another thing I have always wanted to do in Vegas. They use to have a barber shop called  "A little off the top" All the girls who cut your hair where topless. That ones still on my bucket list:P

23 minutes ago, crappieperchhunter said:

Cliff if you do the Grand Canyon I highly recommend a fly over package. Been to "Lost Wages " twice. First visit we did the fly over in a Cesna I believe....3 of us plus the pilot and our second trip it was the only thing I insisted that I do again. And if I ever go again I will be flying through the Canyon again.

Another thing I have always wanted to do in Vegas. They use to have a barber shop called  "A little off the top" All the girls who cut your hair where topless. That ones still on my bucket list:P

Fly over would also be one of the things I'd like to do but I have heard that these overnight mule trips can be a lot of fun, anyone on here ever done it>

As for "a little off the top" I'd have to do that on the last day because I'd probably be inn jail right after that, you stick one of those things that close to my face and you know I'm going to revert right back to when I was a baby (crying and trying to suck on it :P)

59 minutes ago, 16 Footer said:

Lots to see in Arizona The Grand Canyon is a great place, we drove there in 2011 in August and had a great time. At this time of year the south and north rim parks will be closed for winter until April or May, 5000 ft elevation. South Arizona should be much warmer.  

From what I have been reading there is still lots to do on the South rim even this time of the year, I was sort of thinking of heading that way about the end of Feb. early March, do you think I'd be better of delaying it to April/May?

52 minutes ago, Big Cliff said:

From what I have been reading there is still lots to do on the South rim even this time of the year, I was sort of thinking of heading that way about the end of Feb. early March, do you think I'd be better of delaying it to April/May?

Check the Grand Canyon Park web site for opening dates and info. April/May should be a better time to go. Lots of other places to see in north Arizona.

I hiked around this monument.jpg

Hiking in Grand Canyon.jpg