sail in London

aws

Yeah there's a number of businesses moving out that way. Princess Auto has opened their new store, across from Costco (Kitty corner); supposedly a lot bigger and hopefully more organized? MY wife calls Princess Auto the MANS Avon store. LOL

Dan.

Edited by DanD

1 hour ago, grimsbylander said:

I hope Sail drops a location across the street from every BPS and Cabelas in Canada. Having some competition up here is a very good thing.

They had their chance here when Target closed up. Now it,s a Toy R Us. Closing up stores in the states and opened a new one in Barrie? REALLY???????? I believe the land that holds this large mega store collaboration, is American owned.

I see sails opening up here in a year or two.

I have also been trying to find out when the Cabelas.ca here, changes it,s  name to BPS. They say they are Canadian owned and no affiliation. Hence why when you asked to have a item shipped up from the American store, they said no, we don't do that.

Not that I don't love Sail and 100% support that it is Canadian.

I just question its longevity.

Its a private Canadian company that has no reason to post financials but expansion comes at a huge cost.  

Are the current stores making enough to expand or is it burning money in short term for long term gain.

Retail is a tough market. 

2 hours ago, LeXXington said:

Not that I don't love Sail and 100% support that it is Canadian.

I just question its longevity.

Its a private Canadian company that has no reason to post financials but expansion comes at a huge cost.  

Are the current stores making enough to expand or is it burning money in short term for long term gain.

Retail is a tough market. 

I have to admit, when I go to the one in Vaughan, it is not busy. Then again, Im not there during the peak seasons. Hunting for one. Im sure it,s very busy then. What I like about the store is the vast variety  and their prices. They beat BPS on most things I want. Heck, even Wal mart.

Edit to add, I support the local shop here, but he cant carry everything.

Edited by misfish

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever I get a notice that Sail is having a sale I go to their site only to find that almost all sale items are not available at my location (Etobicoke) and they will not transfer from a store that has what I'm looking for. Very frustrating.