Underwater ice fishing footage. Smallmouths

Tjames09

1 hour ago, chris.brock said:

Cool footage. They seem to stack up and overwinter in the same spots every year.

I'd avoid that spot because they don't release well from deep water in the winter and of course they are oos.

Bang on.

It's neat to see those fish at this time of year. I know they're tight to the bottom from late fall on and into December but it's interesting to see them belly to the bottom in the video.

9 hours ago, chris.brock said:

Cool footage. They seem to stack up and overwinter in the same spots every year.

I'd avoid that spot because they don't release well from deep water in the winter and of course they are oos.

Ya I moved. I was looking for lake trout. They were in 50 feet. There was a lot there though. Most hardly moved. 

On 1/25/2018 at 10:50 PM, grimsbylander said:

Bang on.

It's neat to see those fish at this time of year. I know they're tight to the bottom from late fall on and into December but it's interesting to see them belly to the bottom in the video.

LOL, I watched a video of a couple of guys fishing for spotted bass in the winter in a northern California lake, open water and they are fishing like 65 feet deep and brought in one with mud on it's bottom.