The Magic Lure, anyone recognize this spoon?

chris.brock

1 hour ago, PUMP KNOWS said:

Nice!  Any plans on using it right away or are you gonna hold out till you can get more?

Unless Chuck changes his mind, he said he's giving it to me (he doesn't realize or recognize the power of the magic lure, lol). We're both fishing Ogoki Lake next week and it's going straight on my rod, 1st thing. 

As far as a supplier, I have a retired, beat up magic lure I'm going to try and counterfeit and reproduce over the winter. 

6 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

Unless Chuck changes his mind, he said he's giving it to me (he doesn't realize or recognize the power of the magic lure, lol). We're both fishing Ogoki Lake next week and it's going straight on my rod, 1st thing. 

As far as a supplier, I have a retired, beat up magic lure I'm going to try and counterfeit and reproduce over the winter. 

Take lots of pictures and measurements of the new lure for your reproduction. If it goes bye bye, you'll only have the old one to go by.

52 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

Mattice Lake Outfitters Round 2?

I am envious.............

Doug

23 minutes ago, akaShag said:

Mattice Lake Outfitters Round 2?

I am envious.............

Doug

Leuenbergers, but yeah Doug, awesome country up there.

I am thinking the new and old lure were stamped from the same mold or die so the old one would suffice. Anyone know how I could get a reproduction made? I have no clue about metal working.

43 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

Leuenbergers, but yeah Doug, awesome country up there.

I am thinking the new and old lure were stamped from the same mold or die so the old one would suffice. Anyone know how I could get a reproduction made? I have no clue about metal working.

Just send both the new one and old one to me and I will look after this for you..........?

Doug

• 4 months later...

I fished out of Bronte many years ago on Phils charter boat in fact him and his brother had just bought it, we caught a lot of salmon they were friends of a Brit  Keith Dickens who also chartered on Lake Ontario along with another guy Gibby Lauzon, Im going back a number of years here, in fact I went on a trip to Kasba lake with Dickens ,Lauzon, Danny Maloney, Jack Valaquette, and Dave burrows of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Phils brother was the manager of Brampton Brick back then also         just a bit of history lads       sucks to get old      but the fishing is still good  I spend time up in Lake Temagami as often as I can    houseboating    leisure island houseboats   wonderful people    hope I live forever,   happy new year to all

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, billyshort said:

Phils brother was the manager of Brampton Brick back then also         just a bit of history lads       sucks to get old  

Know the place well,back in the late 70,s early 80.s.  Back when Brampton was Brampton. NUFF said. LOL