Tackle shops in the Keys

misfish

There is nothing super cheap in the Keys Brian. You know I was there this month. Cut bait is cheap. There is nothing down there like BPS or Cabela's, if there is now I didn't see one. There are small Mom and Pop bait and tackle shops but stock very few items. Are you looking for rod's and reels and the like? As if you need more stuff, like us all. What are you looking for specifically?  Many times once I do the math the great prices south can be the same, even more than here at home. I remember a few years back when our friend Wormdunker bought a survival suit in the US, by the time he got it here it was more money, actually much more. Rest in peace Mr. Wormdunker, I miss you man.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

There is a big BPS in Islamorada. I would think the items stocked would reflect those needed for the region though. I was in keys last year (not in BPS) and bought a few things from the local shops to use. Tackle shops along the highway-almost exclusively saltwater gear-stuff not found up here if that is what you are looking for. Agree there may not be many bargains but always fun to look around.

-skdds

The BPS is called World Sportsman or something along those lines, big ole square building in Islamorada on the north side of the highway.  You are better off buying online, the BPS has regular BPS prices and the local shops you pay a bit extra but get the most incredible service - best tackle shop down there is Lower Keys Tackle on Big Pine Key, the atmosphere and folks workin' there are top notch, genuine fishing brothers who want to make sure you catch fish and have a great time while visiting their paradise.