Well so much for that!!

muskymatt

Thursdays windchill was -52C.  Fridays windchill was -54C.  School canceled for the kids because some children's faces will suffer frostbite just walking the few minutes to school.  Warmed up to about -40C something in the afternoon and while sitting in my office reviewing charts I look out the window and see a girl, mid 20's ish pull up on her skidoo.  Two kiddies on with her, she had to stand cause there was no space on the seat.  She's got a cigarette hanging out of her mouth, her face totally exposed with just the hood up and I'm thinking, EVER HARDCORE THAT CHICK! 

Today is breezy out.  Gonna warm up to a -40C windchill this afternoon.  It's my only day off to get out there but the skies are dreary.  Chased caribou last Saturday but the light was bad, the bous were fast and after a couple hours the sweat was starting to freeze.  Was invited to seal hunt at some point but exposed and standing still for hours out on the ocean at the floe edge would likely kill with these temperatures.  Looks like best option is a day of movies, internet, cooking stuff and snoozing.  Same for you Matt and everyone else.  The extremes man, they're tough to play with... except for the EVER HARDCORE THAT CHICK!

...on the plus side, we have an absolute buttload of ice now.  -29 tonight on bare ice.  Gonna need the auger extension on Nipissing before February this year if this keeps up.  Snow took a beating north of 17, but still enough to ride.  Never had much to begin with this year though, too cold to snow 90% of the time.

21 hours ago, GBW said:

This thaw flooded part of my basement yesterday.  Found a new crack in the foundation too.  Now to see if I can fix it outside before I rip apart the finished walls in the basement so we know where my fishing time is now going...  

Geoff, PM me if you get a chance. I am having problems sending a PM for some reason.

4 hours ago, Moosebunk said:

Thursdays windchill was -52C.  Fridays windchill was -54C.  School canceled for the kids because some children's faces will suffer frostbite just walking the few minutes to school.  Warmed up to about -40C something in the afternoon and while sitting in my office reviewing charts I look out the window and see a girl, mid 20's ish pull up on her skidoo.  Two kiddies on with her, she had to stand cause there was no space on the seat.  She's got a cigarette hanging out of her mouth, her face totally exposed with just the hood up and I'm thinking, EVER HARDCORE THAT CHICK! 

Today is breezy out.  Gonna warm up to a -40C windchill this afternoon.  It's my only day off to get out there but the skies are dreary.  Chased caribou last Saturday but the light was bad, the bous were fast and after a couple hours the sweat was starting to freeze.  Was invited to seal hunt at some point but exposed and standing still for hours out on the ocean at the floe edge would likely kill with these temperatures.  Looks like best option is a day of movies, internet, cooking stuff and snoozing.  Same for you Matt and everyone else.  The extremes man, they're tough to play with... except for the EVER HARDCORE THAT CHICK!

That's cold, even cold enough for "fog" to freeze? Where are you working Mr. Bunker? I hope you aren't home. For a minute I thought you were home. It gets brutally cold along the Ottawa but that's even too cold for there. We had that camp near Westmeath years ago, urine would freeze before it hit the ground. Urincykles.