Well so much for that!!

muskymatt

In 36 hrs it has gone from 2 ft of snow to bare trails, flooded lakes and flooded stream and rivers.

I guess I can put the sled away for a while and no chance I'm going to go stand in shin deep water on the ice. What a bummer. I absolutely hate January thaws. 

Weatherman says its going to hit negative temps around noon here in eastern Ontario and will be -10 by 5pm. We will get a trace of snow but it will take lots more than a trace for the snowmobile trails to reopen.

Stay safe folks, don't risk your life for a fish. 

Hope for winter to come back!! :wacko:

1 hour ago, Terry said:

Already minus temps here and freezing rain

lakes might be ok Sunday but I don’t think tomorrow will be a fishing day 

OK

More fish for me Saturday. LOL

All will be good Saturday buddy.

You know where I,ll be if your skating out.:thumbsup_anim:

47 minutes ago, misfish said:

OK

More fish for me Saturday. LOL

All will be good Saturday buddy.

You know where I,ll be if your skating out.:thumbsup_anim:

More fish for both of us on Saturday Misfish,

Im renting a hut with floyd hales

ill keep an eye out for you if you're in my area

Not sure on that Misfish... I've never seen so much water. My laneway.. in my own laneway, not the concession Rd.... culvert is full to the top with water, water has overflowed the other culvert inside the gate and is running across the end of my laneway, etc. Until that stops flowing under the insulation of the remaining snow it's gonna be a mess!

Edited by irishfield

I was out after work Wayne last night. It was not that bad out there. This north wind is going to firm it up real nice. If it hasn't already. Walk is not far. Fish are shallow. And my new korkers are so nice for walking on that stuff. B):Gonefishing:

Edited by misfish

The thaw is good for me.  Now the lakes don't have snow and will be perfect to access with atv by tomorrow aft.  Even sleds should be able to get around on

the ice with the snow were getting now.  The bigger lakes may take a another day to tighten back up though.  Its a win for ice fisherman but not so much for snowmobilers.

4 minutes ago, ONbuckhunter said:

The thaw is good for me.  Now the lakes don't have snow and will be perfect to access with atv by tomorrow aft.  Even sleds should be able to get around on

the ice with the snow were getting now.  The bigger lakes may take a another day to tighten back up though.  Its a win for ice fisherman but not so much for snowmobilers.

It,s a win win for us walkers. :Gonefishing:

This thaw flooded part of my basement yesterday.  Found a new crack in the foundation too.  Now to see if I can fix it outside before I rip apart the finished walls in the basement so we know where my fishing time is now going...  

51 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

What?

Y'all don't get any ice fog down thar?  :unsure:

we had it a couple of weeks back here in your ole stompin grounds of grand valley.  admittedly, i did a "W TF" when i read it.  

Edited by Raf