Jan 10 Lakers and Whities

steverowbotham

Went out today for a few hours looking for morning whities and afternoon lakers. Got into a decent number of both, though it certainly wasnt fast and furious.  Marked a ton of fish in the 50ft range, but the shallower fish seemed to be biting better.  Not a hut to be seen where I was fishing and I love that.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmtme7wVXL4&lc=z22odji5emr5jpzmxacdp435h032yb3dqfil1ti4ahlw03c010c

Definitely not on lock.  It is constantly changing.  I moved to Innisfil from Mississauga 23 years ago and have been fishing it ever since.  I saw the lake change with the zebra mussels, I saw it change when smelt and herring all but disappeared, I saw it change when gobies were introduced, I saw it change when herring made a come back.  The lake is in a constant state of change, and we as anglers need to adapt also to be successful.  It's not that I have it on lock, I'll be the first to tell you that there are a hundred guys out there that can catch em better, or have more knowledge of it.  I am just constantly experimenting and I think thats the best way to learn. 

1 hour ago, steverowbotham said:

Definitely not on lock.  It is constantly changing.  I moved to Innisfil from Mississauga 23 years ago and have been fishing it ever since.  I saw the lake change with the zebra mussels, I saw it change when smelt and herring all but disappeared, I saw it change when gobies were introduced, I saw it change when herring made a come back.  The lake is in a constant state of change, and we as anglers need to adapt also to be successful.  It's not that I have it on lock, I'll be the first to tell you that there are a hundred guys out there that can catch em better, or have more knowledge of it.  I am just constantly experimenting and I think thats the best way to learn. 

I think that this is also something that I need to get better at. Its difficult to break old patterns when they worked before.