Merry Christmas from the coast

BITEME

Evening all

was going to post in what are you listening to but it’s a bit more then that 

to that end up until 1500 i was listening to Bruce Dickinson’s solo works for years I have tried to obtain the albums 6 in all I have heard all the music but trying to get the vinyl was difficult at best  received all 6 albums in a rereleased box set they are all on 800 gram vynil and all their art glory just an outstanding catalogue of music

anyway the power went out around 1500 mid stream on cooking the turkey looks like a late dinner they don’t expect it to be up by 2000  fire place is going I got the generator on standby for the fridge and water pump 

as I type this my partner is doing doodle art by oil lamp light and I type this it has been blowing a 100km all  day 

Will send some picks soon as the router comes up

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!

cheers

peter

AC22658A-D4AD-451E-AB61-03944822EA8A.MOV

3DE3400B-7123-4A15-8AF1-480297401CB6.jpeg

9DF09A0F-90C5-419C-B470-AC36A69C1EBA.jpeg

BFF2A8CB-B6DD-4F40-9E4A-ADEF831C2DA3.jpeg

WOW, look at them waves.

And what the hell is that to the left in PIC #2 ?   I can understand the wood burner, but ,,,,,,,,,, I thought you said you had poles to hold the cloths line up ? Those winds were perfect for drying, and preserving. LOL     

Hope yer all good down there Pete.

All good Brian

certainly has us thinking of a generator back up I have a welder generator but it’s dirty power the fridge runs in waves  leave it up long enough to cool down some more  and not enough unf for the water pump having to hand bomb water  all in all it could’ve worse 

so a good  5000+ watt Honda generator and switch will be going in very quickly to power necessaries 

http://outagemap.nspower.ca/external/default.html

power is  down across Nova Scotia

looks like we will be down till Wednesday dinner time 

any body that wants to pipe in on generator back up feel free I’m way open to suggestions like I said I will be moving on this very quickly

cheers

peter

brian if I put them on the line I’d be looking for them mid Atlantic someplace

7 hours ago, BITEME said:

any body that wants to pipe in on generator back up feel free I’m way open to suggestions like I said I will be moving on this very quickly

If you've got natural gas or propane at your place Pete a permanent stand-by generator is the way to go. 

They hook-up to a separate panel in your home and when the power goes out they automatically fire up and when the power comes back on they go back into stand-by mode until the next time it's required & no need to keep filling them with gas either. Also remember that if your power is out the gas stations in your area my have no power either.

I installed a Generac about 7 years back and it was some of the best money I ever spent and it sure is reassuring knowing when the power goes out at 20 below in the dead of winter everything continues to work normally.

You can get smaller units to run a few items or you can get huge units to run your entire house.

Just a thought for you.

002-23.jpg

Edited by lew

Thanks Lew appreciate the response 

no natural gas here and propane could be an option would need to get a tank hooked up we will be looking at it this week and have been eyeballing generacs 

If you don’t mind can you message me what it cost you just the generator and the panel

propane may be the way to go as a back up

On another note     Lew I hope all is well for you and your wife and that you are enjoying a well deserved retirement I wish you great health and happiness. Merry Christmas Lew!!!

cheers

peter