World Junior games

misfish

As every year, I look forward to this tourny.

I would think Canada and the USA have the easiest pool to finish 1st 2nd. Whom finishes where is up to them.

I would love to see a CAN vs USA final. Atleast, the games are at times we all can watch. Now to find a live stream site that will showing them.

Group A Group B
 United States (USA)  Russia (RUS)
 Canada (CAN)  Sweden (SWE)
 Denmark (DEN)  Czech Republic (CZE)
 Slovakia (SVK)  Switzerland (SUI)
 Finland (FIN)  Belarus (BLR)

GO CANADA GO

On 12/25/2017 at 8:06 AM, lunkerbasshunter said:

outdoor game on the 29th is going to be fun to see!  Hope the weather holds up for it.  Cold temps coming.  

Cheers!

Not sure if it is the game you are referring to but heard on news this morning an outdoor junior game is cancelled in Ottawa because it is too cold .

I don't follow the NHL any longer, that doesn't mean I don't like Hockey. I don't remember the exact year Copps Coliseum opened in the 80's, 86, 87 or 88 maybe, but I do know the first major event. Hamilton held the World Juniors. We took in at least  8 games including the final. I lived 3 blocks away. The Hammer was a rockin'.  If I'm not mistaken Canada won. Those guys are all retired old men now. What I do remember best was Shane Conlon.  He terrorized the Europeans and if I remember right Japan had a team in the tourney. There was a short little Japanese ref in the games and he could hardly skate. We razzed the Bejeezus out of the poor guy. The joke was I could skate better and  I couldn't skate for more than 5 minutes. That Conlon kid beat up anyone that dared skate on his ice and went after that Japanese ref when he gave him a game misconduct. A fight in international Hockey just didn't happen much back then unless between Canada and the USA. If the games weren't in Canada he would have been tossed from every game including that time when he chased this poor 5 foot nothing Japanese ref down the ice, he literally chased him. He should have been tossed for the entire tourney. Conlon came into a few bars downtown acting like Shane Conlon. He was lucky to get away virtually unharmed because he had to play.

Good luck to Canada. Let's have a good clean tourney boys. Can't wait for the Canada/USA match up. Maybe not so clean for that one.

17 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I don't follow the NHL any longer, that doesn't mean I don't like Hockey. I don't remember the exact year Copps Coliseum opened in the 80's, 86, 87 or 88 maybe, but I do know the first major event. Hamilton held the World Juniors. We took in at least  8 games including the final. I lived 3 blocks away. The Hammer was a rockin'.  If I'm not mistaken Canada won. Those guys are all retired old men now. What I do remember best was Shane Conlon.  He terrorized the Europeans and if I remember right Japan had a team in the tourney. There was a short little Japanese ref in the games and he could hardly skate. We razzed the Bejeezus out of the poor guy. The joke was I could skate better and  I couldn't skate for more than 5 minutes. That Conlon kid beat up anyone that dared skate on his ice and went after that Japanese ref when he gave him a game misconduct. A fight in international Hockey just didn't happen much back then unless between Canada and the USA. If the games weren't in Canada he would have been tossed from every game including that time when he chased this poor 5 foot nothing Japanese ref down the ice, he literally chased him. He should have been tossed for the entire tourney. Conlon came into a few bars downtown acting like Shane Conlon. He was lucky to get away virtually unharmed because he had to play.

The year was 1986, Soviet Union won gold, Canada got silver.  There was nobody named 'Conlon' on the team but I think you may be thinking of Shane Corson?  If so he was a pretty decent hockey player with some grit.  I remember him playing with Rob Probert for the Brantford Alexanders back then and it was pretty entertaining to say the least!

1 hour ago, misfish said:

Just turned it on. Had to work. They cant move on that 3 on 3 rink. STUPID.

It's an NHL size rink it just looks bad due to the camera angle.  What's bad is playing an important game in 4" of snow.  

Edited by G.mech