Fishing alone

LostAnotherOne

Am i the only one who enjoys this.  Im close with my bro but hes a little bossy when on the water.  The wife loves fishing and enjoy hitting the lake with her, but our working schedules dont always allow it.  Ever since i got my first car i have always loved going solo to whatever fishing spot i choose.  Not sure why

Both for me. When trolling on the big lake I prefer company cause its a bit boring at times.  Walking the creeks I like the solitude.  Same for early morning fishing the shallows for pike or bass.  Its nice to be alone and hear it all.

I love fishing alone. 

I'm like you where my girlfriend works a schedule different than mine,  She works every other weekend, and the kids are at the other parents houses.  So I basically spend every other weekend alone.  I really like getting out on the ice solo.  But I also really love solo camping from the kayak.  No radio.  Cell phone turned off. 

I have fished with the same guy for 50 years! We commonly split up on the rivers to zero in on the fish. We know that if we haven't seen each other after 20-30 minutes we better find where the other is, as he's probably into fish. We never needed cell phones to communicate. The system usually works very well.

When we do fish the same run/pool, we always use different baits and tactics. Beads/bags/jigs/heavy trotting/loose drift etc. It really helps to make a good day better, most of the time.

The other factor is the safety issue. We fish pretty remote spots sometimes, and just knowing there is someone who can call for help, or assist in getting back to the car is great insurance. 

There is no better feeling than being out solo, casting for muskies or bass. I love the peaceful solitude. I love not having to go by anyone else's schedule but my own. That being said, I have a couple buddies equally as "hard-core" as me, so fishing with them every now and then is a blast. Whenever my wife happens to comes out with me, we enjoy our time together for sure. But, I'll always be a solo angler at heart. 

Last year was the first time I had ever ice fished alone; it wasn't planed, it just worked out that way. There were four of us up on Simcoe for the weekend; but Sunday came way to fast for my liking and I decided to stay a couple extra days. What a difference it was, no one banging and clanging stuff around; looking do doing something. The furnace only came on half the time; without someone constantly opening the door. I could actually concentrate on fishing and day dreaming. Once there's stable ice, to get the hut out; there will be at least a few solo days for me. After saying all that, I would still miss not having a few friends and family out there with me; most times. LOL

Dan. 

12 hours ago, Fish Farmer said:

I fish lots solo, my buddys call me all-day-Dave. 

What a coincidence! I'm all-night-Dave! LOL yeah right! :wacko:

I fish alone most of the time. With me, it's usually the day before when I decide to go so it doesn't give anyone else enough notice. But I'm good either way, I like the company but enjoy the solitude. I think it goes back to bowhunting where I spent thousands of hours alone. 

I usually try to find someone to fish with cause I enjoy spending time with Friends and family and I believe we have limited opportunities in life to do so

that being said... the days everyone is busy and I can’t find a fishing partner  I do enjoy the peace and quiet of fishing alone

when fishing alone I tend to learn the most... experiment with new techniques... try new spots... etc...