Licence changes for fishing and hunting

kickingfrog

17 hours ago, lookinforwalleye said:

perhaps just sceptical of a Liberal government doing something that makes sense....:rolleyes:

But it will only cost a billion or two to implement! Then, they will change their minds and pay out everyone huge buy outs and all will be well!

HH

Some of the comments refer to "printed paper tags" for hunting... I couldn't find that in the actual regulation... maybe I missed it? Seems silly to print your own tags if in fact that is the case

Nevermind, I was reading the current regulations, and wasn't looking at the 'proposal'.

For reporting back to the ministry, hopefully I don't have buy a stamp anymore. I hated that a Government agency asked ME to buy a stamp to send THEM information on the practice THEY licensed me to do.  Yesss, I know, it's like $1, but I still don't like the idea of it.

Edited by Rod Caster

On 12/21/2017 at 9:21 AM, Headhunter said:

We should be skeptical and make sure we stay on top of any changes.  Keep in mind that a large proportion of the Liberal voter base are city-based and think northern ontario starts at the 401.  (I know some of you are Liberals - but I am talking about the majority, not the few red in the vast sea of blue outside oi GTA) Many of them think fishing is a cruel barbaric sport , and hunting is murder.   And their politicians view every past time as a tax source.  Not a great combination.

On 12/21/2017 at 10:39 PM, BillM said:

I don't like the idea of getting in crap if I don't report a kill.   Really?  lol.   

Years ago , they would send addressed manilla envelopes  with a plastic bag inside to a selected number of Duck Stamp Holders and you were to mail the wings to the CWS I think it was. Did it one year and think I got them for the next few years as well ( They found a sucker :rofl2:) but never mailed after the first year, always expected a mountie to show demanding I comply, as it was federal.