Stoco Lake

DJGeneral

Hey guys im interested in ice fishing Stoco Lake In Tweed this year

Ive done some research and found out that crappie fishing is great there and you can also get the odd walleye or pike

just wanted to know have any of you guys ice fished there before?

What was you're experience like? what baits or techniques worked for you?

It was a fantastic crappie fishery.  But the last couple years its has been a totally different lake.  The fishing pressure it

received has really hampered the fishery.  Way too many anglers keeping every fish they could.  I mean they are

invasive species but it goes to show most of the biggest problem is usually the most obvious. 

DJGeneral where are you going to be staying?

When ATVing last June we stayed at Park Place Motel. I found it to be a nice place within sight of the lake.

On review sites it gets good reviews.

The other place on the other side of the lake doesn't get the same reviews.

~~~~Was there last year stayed at ParkPlace Motel, very nice rooms, from the boat ramp it's a very nice walk out, just up the raod there is Cosy Cove and again a great walk out, only problem it's 6" ofw most of the way out till you great to the main lake. There is a certain River the flows out of the lake which holds some great Eyes, but it's mostly night phishen for them. Got a report of a 10lber caught over the weekend

35 minutes ago, oldphart said:

~~~~Was there last year stayed at ParkPlace Motel, very nice rooms, from the boat ramp it's a very nice walk out, just up the raod there is Cosy Cove and again a great walk out, only problem it's 6" ofw most of the way out till you great to the main lake. There is a certain River the flows out of the lake which holds some great Eyes, but it's mostly night phishen for them. Got a report of a 10lber caught over the weekend

Caught a then personal best Eye in that river in an eddy behind an old bridge abutment as a last cast with a musky bait B4 putting the boat on the trailer, after an evenings fishing from the launch where Regional 37 crosses just north of Belleville. But that was maybe 35 years ago :rofl2:

Edited by dave524

3 hours ago, Woodsman said:

DJGeneral where are you going to be staying?

When ATVing last June we stayed at Park Place Motel. I found it to be a nice place within sight of the lake.

On review sites it gets good reviews.

The other place on the other side of the lake doesn't get the same reviews.

We havent decided where we are staying as of yet but thanks for the suggestion that helps a great deal beacuse we havent been there before and was worried about parking and where to access the lake,

2 hours ago, oldphart said:

how did you guys do last year oldphart ? i think i know the river you're talking about does it ice up as well for ice fishing? i always see the river from the highway on the wasy to quinte but i don't know where to access it