Braving the cold!!

DJGeneral

Got a chance to get out this weekend for some winter steelhead

the weather was brutal but since i dont own a car i get any chance i get to go fishing

my buddy picked me up around 1pm and we were at the river by 3pm

my first time fishing this trib and its always nice to see a new place other than seeing it on youtube videos

apart from the wind smacking me in the face and the trek down to the river it is was an amazing experience

we decided to leave the float fishing gears at home and throw spoons and vibrax spinners instead

Pink and chrome seem to be the colour they wanted that day

we did pretty good going 3/4 and i decided to keep this nice steelie for the dinner table!

Sorry for the blood in the picture i couldnt feel my hands to wash her off!

IMG_2133.JPG

17 hours ago, misfish said:

Nice fresh one. Well done. The blood is a bit much. Please remove it with your cold bare hands next time. HAHAHAHAHAHA JUST KIDDING.

18 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

Nice fish...you earned it! Brrrrrrr!!

Thanks guys! 

Misfish maybe next time!! LOL

Edited by DJGeneral

15 hours ago, Freshtrax said:

Nice going.  

Thanks Bro!

14 hours ago, BillM said:

Nice man!  Ask Santa for some cold weather gear, it looks like you could use it :)

Oh im definitely looking into that! maybe a nice bomber winter coat that i could wade and fish in 

14 hours ago, OhioFisherman said:

That's dedication! Don't worry about the blood, that white stuff on the ground scares me more!

Thanks bud, i was very skeptical about going down to the river when i got there having snow on the ground didnt make it easy to go down

21 minutes ago, manitoubass2 said:

Nice going buddy!!!! Looks like a great time!!!

Thanks bro! where have you been hiding? been tryna hit you up on the cellie!

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

a fitted cap and a hoodie for winter steelheading? thats pretty hardcore

well done!

LOL i was changing out of my waders so i had to take my jacket off thats when i decided to take the picture

but the fitted cap yes lol always wear a fitted cap not a toque person id never go out there with out a jacket!

3 hours ago, DJGeneral said:

LOL i was changing out of my waders so i had to take my jacket off thats when i decided to take the picture

but the fitted cap yes lol always wear a fitted cap not a toque person id never go out there with out a jacket!

you must not ice fish when its -20 lol

I was thinking you are nuts soft water fishing in this weather. Then I saw you in the pic, you aren't unbalanced you are young. Keep it up and son put on a toque. When we skied years ago it wasn't cool to wear a toque, so we all froze to death but sure looked cool with my Elvis shades on for all the young Dollies.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

15 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

you must not ice fish when its -20 lol

I do but thats what warm ice huts are for lol

15 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I was thinking you are nuts soft water fishing in this weather. Then I saw you in the pic, you aren't unbalanced you are young. Keep it up and son put on a toque. When we skied years ago it wasn't cool to wear a toque, so we all froze to death but sure looked cool with my Elvis shades on for all the young Dollies.

Thanks Ironmaker i will take your advice and start wearing toques when fishing in cold weather! Which might be this weekend....