Lowell lake

mrbrown95

Mostly small lake trout and a crack at a big pike.  If you have a sled there's some good backlake options, but you should be able to scrape up some fish on Lowell.  It's a highway-side lake with a lodge and a few camps on it, so don't expect lights out fishing, but if you know how to catch lakers you'll be able to get into a few.  Very pretty lake too.

Rabbit lake, or Temagami, even Net Lake might be better. I'm assuming you chose Lowell because you can drive right to it... if the conditions are good, you can also drive onto Temagami and fish around the ice road. Whitefish, lakers, pickerel all

The other option is Nipissing. If you can find/get to a good spot, the fishing can be lights out awesome.. it'll keep everyone busy and entertained. Sometimes we even drive cars on the ice (exception more so than the rule)

My wife and Jerpears with ling.

IMG-20130210-00076.jpg

IMG-20130210-00074.jpg

50 minutes ago, mrbrown95 said:

I was not not born in 95 wish I was then this cold as in cough cough would not feel so crapy I am an early 70's child 

Just about the time I was off to University. As far as picking a good spot to fish, like all fishing it's a crap shoot. I have seen my sonar screen chock full of fish many times and not a single fish was had. Pick a spot and have fun with the Old Guy. Catching fish is way down the list compared to sharing quality time with your Pops. At this time in my life I would rather walk a mile than take one of those vertebrae crushing sled rides on bumpy ice for a mile.  My back is sore just thinking about it.

18 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Just about the time I was off to University. As far as picking a good spot to fish, like all fishing it's a crap shoot. I have seen my sonar screen chock full of fish many times and not a single fish was had. Pick a spot and have fun with the Old Guy. Catching fish is way down the list compared to sharing quality time with your Pops. At this time in my life I would rather walk a mile than take one of those vertebrae crushing sled rides on bumpy ice for a mile.  My back is sore just thinking about it.

Great and sincere reply thank-you I will do that my dad did not go last year and the way he talks this might be his last so I will make it a good one fish or not.