Rubber Boots - NF

grimsbylander

I've got to be the only guy who ever got a bad pair of the Baffin Titans. Mine leaked (both I think) within a very short time of getting them. They were definitely warm though prior to the leaks. If I ever needed another pair I'd still consider them, I'd just be sure to keep my receipt for the first time in my life. It's also worth noting that these are big, cumbersome boots, not light by any stretch of the imagination.

35 minutes ago, Weeds said:

I've got to be the only guy who ever got a bad pair of the Baffin Titans.

No you're not. I had a Titan leak really early and no I didn't step on a nail or cook them beside the campfire.

I get a pair of boots/ year from work so I've stockpiled quite a few boots. I still think Titans are good (my other pairs). I live in them in the winter, I don't seem to mind that they are heavy (mine are steel toe) and they are warmer than the Kamiks and stuff when it's really cold.

I picked up of Kamics last year, they come above the calf and draw strings keep them water proof. No model name just Kamic Canada. Good aggressive treads, and removable liners. They are toasty and dry and a good value. I think they were less than 100 bucks, actually I'm positive because I wouldn't never pay more than that. Al's shoes in Simcoe On. Not very fashionable with my Citiot Armani suits.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:40 PM, grimsbylander said:

Just looking for advice from those in the know. 

I'm wanting to buy a new pair of insulated rubber boots for all round use...fishing(ice and river), hunting, working outside, whatever. Any particular brand suggestions? LaCrosse? Redhead? 

Thanks

I have a pair of Muck's that have been great and I hear Nokians are great as well but they are hard to find.

Been a while since I've logged on here, sure looks different!!!

If you're looking for a multi purpose boot, best rubber boot I've ever worn is the dunlops....with a light weight wool sock I'm comfortable in them down to about -10ish, wear them with bama socks or heavy wool sock when it gets colder out...I like them much more than the baffins, easier for walking around and lighter

if you're looking for a boot to sit all day ice fishing/treestand and stay warm, minimal activity, I'd go for a bulkier boot with a liner

https://www.marks.com/en/product/34478.html?cid=DRMKT&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy8n-uv361wIVCspkCh3vSQqbEAYYAiABEgKcDfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=COyS1rz9-tcCFRDewAodtToB8w#34478=CHABLK&34478=8&34478[width]=REG&fo_c=1301&fo_k=f7794104a34ed6210570efcbefb4bb41&fo_s=gplaca&cid=KWGoogle_[*Campaign*]_[*Adgroup*]

Thanks for all the great feedback guys! 

So I went to TSC today and tried on a pair of Titans. I normally wear a size 10 and when I tried them on, they were tight. Not short on length, just squeeze my foot tight. The liners are super thick and maybe they'll flatten down a bit?? Plus I just had on a pair of white sport socks....the worse cold weather sock there is.

For the Titan guys, did you have to buy a larger pair to compensate for the thick liners? Do they loosen up after a few miles?

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

Thanks for all the great feedback guys! 

So I went to TSC today and tried on a pair of Titans. I normally wear a size 10 and when I tried them on, they were tight. Not short on length, just squeeze my foot tight. The liners are super thick and maybe they'll flatten down a bit?? Plus I just had on a pair of white sport socks....the worse cold weather sock there is.

For the Titan guys, did you have to buy a larger pair to compensate for the thick liners? Do they loosen up after a few miles?

Thanks!

They are like that Dave when new. Every ones foot is different. I like the way ( when new ) they were very supportive. They do get more comfy once your foot has molded the foam. I wear mine only in the fall for river fishing if I dont want to wear waders, and for ice fishing, thats it.  They are not for everyday mucking. I have my kodiacs for that. As for socks, I only wear those redheads that are guarantied for life. Those are sweet comfy warm too.

Edited by misfish