Fishing From The Causeway in Bridgenorth Banned

Dutch

I'm extremely dissapoointed about this decision. It essentially takes fishing rights away from Ontario residents.

They have essentially banned fishing by limiting access to the County owned land surrounding the Causeway.  If anyone sees a way this ban can be challenged, please contact me. I would gladly risk a fine if there is a legit chance to beat the ban in a legal challenge.

I hope those that littered are held accountable at the next fishing spot they intend to overrun, probably Gannons Narrows.

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/2017/12/06/peterborough-county-council-bands-fishing-from-the-causeway-to-combat-garbage-issue

yes for sure gannons narrows is bad now and will only get worse.....it will be the next spot to be banned as well as the buckhorn dam too lots of garbage everywhere and disgusting .....im surprised the causeway has not been closed to fishing before this as its been bad for years...

I agree, the garbage is terrible and the few have ruined it for the many.  They could have dealt with the actual issue, the garbage and enforcement of the already existing bylaw rather than banning access to the water.

Were gonna see a lot of people fishing from dingies slighly off shore to get around the access issue and still have to deal with the garbage.

They are simply moving the problem to another shore fishing spot.

Im against limiting access to fishing even though I know people making the mess are the pigs causing the ban.

Areas up here along the river are being posted as, you are being warned. Take your garbage home, or lose another fishing spot. The pigs are costing us. Will you and I, pick up after them to keep a spot for I or you to keep open, even if they return , still leaving their garbage that we will pick up to keep our spot ?

Myself, I will pick it up, BUT, I will be contacting the local owner and showing that I am a respectful angler and person. What ever it takes to keep me fishing this area.  if it goes to closed to all, then well, I can respect that.

It,s getting sickening that is for sure.

On 12/6/2017 at 7:27 PM, misfish said:

Myself, I will pick it up, BUT, I will be contacting the local owner and showing that I am a respectful angler and person. What ever it takes to keep me fishing this area.  if it goes to closed to all, then well, I can respect that.

It,s getting sickening that is for sure.

When I had private property access years ago in Whitby fishing the creeks I'd bring two garbage bags with me.  One to hang on a tree for the others to use to keep it clean and one to pick up any crap left and or floating by.  The land owner was well aware it was me hanging a bag for the other that were aloud to fish as well as the many that didn't care and still fished it anyway.  

I hate this stuff. Its all laziness. The by law enforcement is too lazy to enforce littering, so now he/she will have time to enforce tresspassing? I doubt it. Such a shame people have to ruin a good thing, but I guess that's what it takes this day in age to get the point across. These litterbugs just don't get it. I dont understand how people can leave their garbage behind in the first place. What possesses a person to just leave their trash behind? My old man would slap me up side the head if I littered......no joke! 

S. 

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:55 AM, Mister G said:

So when the highways get littered will they close them to drivers as well  ? ? ?

My conspiracy theory is that the littering is just an excuse to shut off the shore access. I have mentioned it numerous times that the generals roads are probably in worse shape litter wise. No one pays much attention to that though.