Simcoe Perch Ice Fishing - Operator question

gordy28

Hey there

I have searched through old threads and operator sites but not quite getting the answer I am after

I am hoping to book a mid week day to take the kids perch fishing

So  - ideally high action, heated hut but also the ability to fish a half day or at the very least pay for a full day but have the option of heading in earlier if required

From what I can tell most operators book full days  - but wondering if anyone has used an outfitter the would recommend who offers half days or will pick you up at an agreed upon time which falls out of their normal schedule (re go out at 9 AM and be in by 1:00 PM vs the standard 8 - 4 shift)

Thanks!

Gordy

Edited by gordy28

Tim Hales will do that. 

He always checks on the huts at noon, so if you want to leave, you should be able to no problem. He also has his huts set up for kids safety, with covers for the large holes. 

Best perch operator on the lake IMO. 

S. 

1 hour ago, Big Cliff said:

Tim Hales without a doubt! Excellent service, nice huts, and he keeps them on the fish! I also like the safety covers he has for the kids (and unsteady old men ;))

I'll also chime in for Tim Hales.                                                                                                                                                   As for the safety covers; yea we used them the one time we were there. My daughter's X boyfriend, thought it was an ice drinking, not ice fishing excursion. Yup he walked right in and down to about his neck. If we weren't there to grab him; he would have been under the ice. What a dumb ass!!!

Dan.