Friends with Criminals

AKRISONER

26 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

this story just shows how messed up people get in their heads when they do something absolutely nuts. 

Like why bother going through the trouble of wrapping someone up and throwing them off of a bridge into a river when its painfully obvious that someone is going to find the victim within a couple of days. Not to mention believe that you will get away with it and get the insurance money!

yeah it was shocker for us we didnt feel safe after he found my dad was the one who discovered the body

if i remember right my dad said that this wasnt  his first try and he was successful before

he used the carpet from his own store too i may add not the smartest move

My bud's son-in-law raped and murdered a small boy 30 years ago but that's all I'll say about that.

My own little brush with bad doods happened in 1963. 

I was 16 years old and me and a pal were driving down Birchmount Rd. in Scarboro to get a pizza. When we reached Birchmount Arena there were cops,  paddy wagons and bikers everywhere  and there was a huge fight going on in the parking lot. Being the inquisitive type I parked the car to go get a better look even though my friend said to stay in the car. The cops were grabbing everybody and handcuffing them and tossing them in the paddy wagons. Guess I was a bit too close to the fun and they grabbed me, snapped the cuffs on and tossed me in too. They hauled us all up to the Birchmount & Eglinton Ave jail and unloaded us into the cells. Naturally I tried to explain I wasn't a biker, wasn't in the fight and was just a nosey kid but of course the didn't listen.

Spent Saturday night in the cells with dozens of bikers and then Sunday morning they loaded us all in the paddy wagons again and off we went to the Old Don Jail where we were finger printed and tossed in more cells. 

I was charged with "obstructing police" and bail was set at $500 which was a huge pile of cash back in 1963. My folks were away for the weekend and couldn't be reached so I called a rich aunt who came down and bailed me out.

We went to court a few weeks later and while all the bikers were sent away for extended visits in the "big house" the judge believed my tale and all charges were dropped and away I went.

I never blamed the cops because it was a full blown riot  down there and several cops were badly injured in the fight they did a great job breaking it up even though they grabbed me.

The Old Don Jail was the worst rat hole I've ever been in and sure hope I never experience another weekend like that again.

Edited by lew

2 minutes ago, lew said:

The Old Don Jail was the worst rat hole I've ever been in and sure hope I never experience another weekend like that again.

gotta love the olden days when a fight was still a fight...if that happened today there would have been multiple shooting victims.

I could only imagine being locked up in the Don jail with a bunch of bikers at 16 years old...holy cow how you survived that alone is a feat! 

23 minutes ago, lew said:

My bud's son-in-law raped and murdered a small boy 30 years ago but that's all I'll say about that.

I was 16 years old and me and a pal were driving down Birchmount Rd. in Scarboro to get a pizza. When we reached Birchmount Arena there were cops,  paddy wagons and bikers everywhere  and there was a huge fight going on in the parking lot. Being the inquisitive type I parked the car to go get a better look even though my friend said to stay in the car. The cops were grabbing everybody and handcuffing them and tossing them in the paddy wagons. Guess I was a bit too close to the fun and they grabbed me, snapped the cuffs on and tossed me in too. They hauled us all up to the Birchmount & Eglinton Ave jail and unloaded us into the cells. Naturally I tried to explain I wasn't a biker, wasn't in the fight and was just a nosey kid but of course the didn't listen.

Spent Saturday night in the cells with dozens of bikers and then Sunday morning they loaded us all in the paddy wagons again and off we went to the Old Don Jail where we were finger printed and tossed in more cells. 

I was charged with "obstructing police" and bail was set at $500 which was a huge pile of cash back in 1963. My folks were away for the weekend and couldn't be reached so I called a rich aunt who came down and bailed me out.

We went to court a few weeks later and while all the bikers were sent away for extended visits in the "big house" the judge believed my tale and all charges were dropped and away I went.

I never blamed the cops because it was a full blown riot  down there and several cops were badly injured in the fight they did a great job breaking it up even though they grabbed me.

Great story Lew! But I have to ask, how was the food? LOL

HH

5 minutes ago, Headhunter said:

Great story Lew! But I have to ask, how was the food? LOL

HH

No breakfast Sunday morning Joe but for lunch they gave us a bowl of what they called pea soup and to this day I can still remember it was the absolute foulest tasting  slop I've ever had the displeasure of tasting hahaha

Edited by lew

Geez where have I been? I met Brian undercover a at a grocery store and BIG Cliff came to see me to look after Sinker!!!

Lew, you are a devil! jumping in and getting looked after!!!!!

Idid go to school with a guy with the last name Zizzuto in 1963 , it wasn’t him I hope.

You guys hanged around with a rough crowd? Typography was never like that! 

In grade 7 there was a farm boy who had huge pipes. Every lunch it was all about using his strength to to get me to the ground and then pin me. You'd call it bullying now, and it was. Nobody ever stopped it or did anything.

20 years later at a high school reunion I learn he murdered his wife and stuffed her in the freezer and that's where they found her. He's in jail for life.

A reunion friend is into researching family trees so we search and find a pic of her tombstone online....that creeped me right out!!

19 hours ago, lew said:

Enrico's...? I went to Birchmount Park and remember that place well. They sure got enough of my lunch money while I was in school there.

I just seen a post on Facebook that one of my friends from high school was arrested and 5 others for dealing meth, possession of meth, possession of illegal ammunition, possession of illegal firearms and a crap ton of cash.

Sounds like they tried to Duke it out with OPP with how many police agencies we're involved 

Good job OPP!

I hope these scum get 20+

1 hour ago, adam lancia said:

Enrico's...? I went to Birchmount Park and remember that place well. 

Honestly can't remember the name of the place Adam,  but it was on Kingston Rd. somewhere west of Birchmount.

The old brain begins to fail after 1/2 a century hahaha

22 hours ago, lew said:

Honestly can't remember the name of the place Adam,  but it was on Kingston Rd. somewhere west of Birchmount.

The old brain begins to fail after 1/2 a century hahaha

Gotcha Lew. This place is right on the northwest corner of Birchmount and Kingston.

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎30 at 11:10 AM, DJGeneral said:

Majority of my friends are criminals lol

from drug dealers to gang bangers to scam/fraud artists

thank god i dont hang with them anymore

all three have been shot and lucky to have lived

and in call three cases i was supposed to be there

thank god i didnt end up going cuz i could have been shot too or worse maybe dead

DJ, good that you found a group of better friends. There is always a time that you come to a fork in a road and it is your choice to take one. Often it's the hardest road.  I took the right one when I met the woman I have been with for 25 years now. The stupid thing was I wasn't making any money with these guys because I wasn't doing what they were doing but was "associated". Many times I excused myself from the table when they started talking business. When they often asked where was I going it old them away from anything you say here because if some information somehow gets out from what is said here you all know it wasn't me. When the s&*t hit the fan they knew it wasn't me that ratted because I had nothing to rat. 5 of that crew are dead now. Those stories stay with me, many are still alive, and fish.

On 12/10/2017 at 3:34 AM, Old Ironmaker said:

DJ, good that you found a group of better friends. There is always a time that you come to a fork in a road and it is your choice to take one. Often it's the hardest road.  I took the right one when I met the woman I have been with for 25 years now. The stupid thing was I wasn't making any money with these guys because I wasn't doing what they were doing but was "associated". Many times I excused myself from the table when they started talking business. When they often asked where was I going it old them away from anything you say here because if some information somehow gets out from what is said here you all know it wasn't me. When the s&*t hit the fan they knew it wasn't me that ratted because I had nothing to rat. 5 of that crew are dead now. Those stories stay with me, many are still alive, and fish.

Yeah Ironmaker i had to make decision and i chose the right one i also felt as if i could be a target just for hanging with these guys

i thank my girlfriend everyday for opening my eyes a bit and steering clear of them!

4 hours ago, DJGeneral said:

Yeah Ironmaker i had to make decision and i chose the right one i also felt as if i could be a target just for hanging with these guys

i thank my girlfriend everyday for opening my eyes a bit and steering clear of them!

You know exactly what I'm saying. I'm not saying I don't miss many of them because I grew up with most of them that I do miss , some were good guys that would do anything for you and still will I bet. They say people don't change but drugs and alcohol will change people.