A short walk through this last year on the water. Was a unique year in many ways - unbelievable high water levels, a really un-summery summer with weather that did its best, and often succeeded, at confounding my attempts to plan some trips; we decided to fish new waters this year on Lake O and had a big learning curve figuring it out; watching G take the first steps out of childhood; becoming an expert at hook removal (something I would gladly have done without); yest another incredible t-storm (blew the dock I was tied to right of its moorings)  - the first year with no family vacation. Life has a way of mixing it up I guess. The vid roughly follows the season from start to finish. The pics have less to do with specific events, and more to do with when I actually remembered to take a photo - so often I am just experiencing the moment. G was obsessed with catching a 30 lber for the last half of the season, and getting a smile, even for a 20 something fish was a challenge. 
. Credit to Jean Luc Ponty for the sound track. 

12 hours ago, misfish said:

Nice ,,,,,,,,,And another season ends,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WHAT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:lol:

yeah yeah, I know and you know.... wish my hands could take it, but it just aint worth it. Just buckling up the boat when it was minus 2 and my fingers were on fire within 15 minutes. 

11 hours ago, Handlebarz said:

Nice recap of the year looks like you guys still had a great year its amazing to see how fast these kids grow up. Hopefully we will catch up at the fishing shows again this winter.

AInt that the truth Mike - good to see you back round here,  - looks like you had a pretty good season yourself from what I saw. Sweet boat you got there. Hope the chartering is going strong.

10 hours ago, bigugli said:

Great video recap. Love the soundtrack. Didn't know there were any fans of Ponty left around

Hey Bruce - back atcha, not many of us left:thumbsup_anim: ...  saw him both solo and with Zappa, and studied to many a midterm with JLP in the background.

thanks for the comments, all

7 hours ago, Freshtrax said:

Hey Rick nice season.   Ill be out on the lower Niagara for a few days in december if your interested.   We will bring the heater to warm your hands up :)

No Tyee's in our boat this year either . 

hey Andrew - thanks, Niagara huh, If you're looking for a co pilot let me know, I have yet to figure that one out, despite several kicks at it. You know where to reach me.   Got a freezer full of partridge now?