Port Dahlhousie ??

DJGeneral

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, PUMP KNOWS said:

Anyone know if theirs a website to show an update on the water flow?  I went down recently and they had shut off the dam.

Yes, they did. I was there as well. Maybe 12M creek data helps. https://wateroffice.ec.gc.ca/report/real_time_e.html?mode=Graph&type=&stn=02HA031&startDate=2017-09-04&endDate=2017-12-04&prm1=46&y1Max=&y1Min=&prm2=47&y2Max=&y2Min=

Hello everyone, this is my first post as you all guest, so no laughing or poking please. I love fishing and sharing stories as well as information. I have acquired a lot of information and experience in all aspects of just about every type of fresh water fishing there is . But as we all know one can never have enough and know it all . So that being said I hope you forgive me if I pick your brains  from time to time as I want you all to do the same to me . So to start with most of my trout fishing has been in the north , Owen sound South Hampton areas and would like to know of some closer areas in the golden horseshoe area and times to do so. Also I have never gone brook trout fishing and would like some spots to try.

4 minutes ago, lureme said:

Hello everyone, this is my first post as you all guest, so no laughing or poking please. I love fishing and sharing stories as well as information. I have acquired a lot of information and experience in all aspects of just about every type of fresh water fishing there is . But as we all know one can never have enough and know it all . So that being said I hope you forgive me if I pick your brains  from time to time as I want you all to do the same to me . So to start with most of my trout fishing has been in the north , Owen sound South Hampton areas and would like to know of some closer areas in the golden horseshoe area and times to do so. Also I have never gone brook trout fishing and would like some spots to try.

Welcome lureme. Nice introduction. I suggest you post what you wrote under your own thread heading. This will be buried and not everyone will see it. You are in the middle of the best fishing in southern Ontario. Lake Ontario and its tributaries including Trout from The Niagara River to well east of T.O.  and 45 minutes from Lake Erie and some World class Walleye and Smallmouth Bass. Here is one of the small  Pics from this summer!!

DSCF1617.JPG

17 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Welcome lureme. Nice introduction. I suggest you post what you wrote under your own thread heading. This will be buried and not everyone will see it. You are in the middle of the best fishing in southern Ontario. Lake Ontario and its tributaries including Trout from The Niagara River to well east of T.O.  and 45 minutes from Lake Erie and some World class Walleye and Smallmouth Bass. Here is one of the small  Pics from this summer!!

DSCF1617.JPG

IronMaker take me walleye fishing with youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I'm going to post pics of me 15 years ago, muscles and all that are gone now. I should have first. And anyone here is more than welcome to join me here on Erie for a Walleye hunt next year. A recent CV or resume may be required. Also a list of recent medications you are taking for psychological issues. 110% true story I swear on the lives of my parents. I once went out with a guy from a different site I met online, in his boat, 1st mistake. Not 5 minutes into the trip he took out his Bible and started reading me passages trying to convince me to join his team. Absolutely nothing wrong with having Religion but there is a time and place for everything. I was stuck out there because his boat. Then I came up with the idea to tell him I had diarrhea and if I could use his bait bucket and towel for toilet paper. I also took out one of our longtime members here and he fell out of the boat, I'll take responsibility for that one regardless of who fell out of the boat and why, in 52F water to boot. That was about 6 years back, still not long enough ago for him to think it's funny.

Here is a pic of the last venture out this year. Most of the Wally's this year were smaller fish, which is just fine, 2 to 4lbs. They are rare here and the tastiest by far. The big fish are not that old and taste fantastic too. A fish as big as our biggies up north are old fish and I would never keep one for the table anyway. 

That's a big size Coke bottle.

DSCF1631.JPG

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I agree with you Ironmaker, there is a time and place for everything, when I go fishing  I leave all my cares and stress behind. Some people say I'm obsessed and crazy about fishing, that is their mistake as I proceed to tell them what fishing is all about for me any way.. " The excitement, anticipating, the scenery, fresh air, friendships, stories, adventures, learning, and sometimes the fight." Even if I fail to catch a fish or just catch and release I still find something from that adventure to take home in my memories. I really do not know of another sport that has so much going for it where you can go or take someone and enjoy the day in such a way.

14 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I'm going to post pics of me 15 years ago, muscles and all that are gone now. I should have first. And anyone here is more than welcome to join me here on Erie for a Walleye hunt next year. A recent CV or resume may be required. Also a list of recent medications you are taking for psychological issues. 110% true story I swear on the lives of my parents. I once went out with a guy from a different site I met online, in his boat, 1st mistake. Not 5 minutes into the trip he took out his Bible and started reading me passages trying to convince me to join his team. Absolutely nothing wrong with having Religion but there is a time and place for everything. I was stuck out there because his boat. Then I came up with the idea to tell him I had diarrhea and if I could use his bait bucket and towel for toilet paper. I also took out one of our longtime members here and he fell out of the boat, I'll take responsibility for that one regardless of who fell out of the boat and why, in 52F water to boot. That was about 6 years back, still not long enough ago for him to think it's funny.

Ill get that Resume and CV ready Ironmaker

btw do we need references ?